On the Doctors last night

Options
They had a GREAT part that went over the fact that the AVERAGE AMERICAN eat 4500 calories at Thanksgiving dinner FOR THAT ONE MEAL ALONE! (Not counting Breakfast and the OTHER meal.) They showed what the average stomach looks like and the person that was "HELPING" them showed that ONLY his helping of Potatoes fit inside the average tummy. They showed different was to decrease calories in the meal.I also devised a way to not over eat this Food Feast... I am going to serve myself with a regular spoon. I will try a LITTLE of everything, and ONLY have one serving! I will also eat an apple BEFORE I go to dinner!
Good luck to everyone!
--Diann...

Replies

• breannk
    Options
    i watched this too! it was very shocking that part i thought was most shocking was that after eating that much in one sitting you are 4 times more likely to have a heart attack then you are right before you strated eating the meal!! :noway:
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. The whole UK TV show saying how fat Americans are. Oh wait... thats nothing new. I guess that's "entertainment" across the pond.
  • emilyrspurgin
    emilyrspurgin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Crazy! My grandfather actually had his first heart attack on Thanksgiving years ago. The Doctors is a great show!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You know one of the things that suck about that? Alot of people will look at you like.... Are you starving yourself? This is a feast! lol At my house, if you told them about how many calories they were about to consume, it would ruin the meal for them and they'd feel big. That's just my interpretation. I'm going to make my plate just the same as it is every year, only I won't have seconds of anything, and I'm eating SLOWLY! lol
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I will be working out what were having for our main meal put it in mfp b4 i have it then i can workout how much to put on my plate & i will not talk about how many cals r in food. This way i can eat healthy without over eating & enjoy the meal with my family.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I will be working out what were having for our main meal put it in mfp b4 i have it then i can workout how much to put on my plate & i will not talk about how many cals r in food. This way i can eat healthy without over eating & enjoy the meal with my family.

Good plan! I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving, so I think I'll be okay on cals. I won't be eating anything else that day. Just maybe a bowl of cereal and a banana.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Why do you have that sad suicide kitten picture its so sad ?!!?1