ISO High or All Protein Recipes

Options
niki23poet
niki23poet Posts: 36 Member
Hi All. I am starting IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) and protein is what I've always struggled with and even more so now.
I'm looking for recipes (including snacks) that are high in or all protein. (No seafood please, unless its shrimp). I tend to find the same recipes over and over again when I scour the interwebs. Any help, thoughts & advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I am starting IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) and protein is what I've always struggled with and even more so now.
    I'm looking for recipes (including snacks) that are high in or all protein. (No seafood please, unless its shrimp). I tend to find the same recipes over and over again when I scour the interwebs. Any help, thoughts & advice is greatly appreciated.
    amyenman houg outis week
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    We are pescatarian, so I'm always ISO high protein meals! I made Huevos Rancheros last night, and it was DELISH, and packed with 30 grams of protein!!

Coconut oil (approx 1/4 cup, but for intake I would log 3 tbsp since you're really consuming all of this!)
    1.5 cups of black beans (canned and drained or home prepared)
    3/4 cup corn kernels
    1/4 tsp ground Cumin
    1/2 tsp Chili Powder
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    4 ozs Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
    3 green onion stalks, chopped
    3 Eggs, Over Easy
    6 small tortillas
    1 avocado

Warm oil in a large skillet, and brown tortilla shells one at a time. You want them just golden on each side (about 2 minutes each side).

In about 1 tbsp oil (I always use coconut, but I'm guessing you can use whatever you like) cook onions (NOT GREEN), cumin, chili powder, beans and corn for 2 minutes or until warm throughout. In separate skillet, cook eggs to your preference (over easy seems to be best because the yolk adds a little something to the dish).

To assemble, place one browned tortilla on the plate, top with 1/4 cup bean mixture. Add another tortilla, then another layer of bean mixture, cheese, egg, avocado, green onions, and if you like some kick....sriracha sauce :)

Sooooo good!!!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ...and it makes 3 servings :)