Injury 2 weeks before my race?!

Options
My 1st Duathlon is scheduled for August 2nd. I've been training faithfully daily, but this week, I've started to have a pain in my right hip. Started at the end of my run on Monday, radiating down my leg. After I finished the run, I felt ok. Tuesday, I had a 10min/10min/10min run/bike/run, & on the last run, it started hurting again. Wednesday, 60 min bike, & towards the end, could feel it tightening up. Yesterday, it wasn't painful, but I was aware there is something there, so I decided to not do the extra run scheduled and, after talking to my nurse mum, decided to forgo the yoga in favor of moist heat, tiger balm, Naproxen & rest. Last night, could not sleep on that side, and today, there is still some "issue" there. Rest day today & Sunday with Saturday's workout a 40 min bike & 30 min run scheduled.

Even though I know the rest is for the best, I'm feeling guilty about not taking the run yesterday. In my head, I'm already trying to "justify" about tomorrow's work out....how I can still get something done, so I've not missed a work out, yet IKNOW I should probably rest these few days so I can do my du in 2 weeks.

Anyone else have come through this or something similar? Will it really matter if I "skip" a workout or 2 so close to my event date?

Replies

• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I would think rest and recovery would be best. Rest a couple days and try again. If you keep training - I would think you'd be worse off. And at this point, I can't imagine a week of training would make *that* much of a difference (since you should be tapering off next week anyway). I read your post b/c I have been having heel pain. Actually, it is less pain and more an annoyance. Eight weeks until my half marathon... I don't have time for this. Lol! Good luck with your Duathlon!!