Where are you, geek chicks?

Options
12346»

Replies

• littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am big into sailormoon, comic books, comic book movies, Classic Disney, playstation.

Is that "me" on your ticker?
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    But you have to remember the only experience Americans have with Capaldi is in Torchwood.Suggestions for Capaldi's other shows to get us primed ?

Agreeing with the Thick Of It recommendation! Really amazing show - lots of swearing though. Also, I hear he chews the scenery amazingly in the Musketeers.

The Thick Of It is AMAZING! :)
  • Alimom23
    Alimom23 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yay! It's so good to see so many Whovians here! David Tennant is my favorite, but I liked Matt Smith a lot too. I remember being very worried when Matt Smith was taking over, but I was pleasantly surprised. So I'm hoping to have the same experience with Capaldi. Fingers crossed!
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I prefer "nerd" over "geek" ;) I'm into Star Wars, Walking Dead, reading all things fantasy (Name of the Wind!!), Super Heroes, reading and watching Game of Thrones, playing Skyrim & Final Fantasy-just to name a few.
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I searched for D&D to find some like minded people out there and wanted to share another group I found. An rpg group called "Wasteland Warriors Weight Loss Challenge." Each week there is a main Quest and several side quests.

The main quest is centered around a story (you must help someone retrieve a locket from her mother from the mutant that killed her. Walk/run six miles to the city and figt the mutant, fighting is done by burning calories.) At the end you get xps and can level up, not to mention finding tresure, items, weapons, armor. But beware! If you lose a random encounter, instead of gaining loot, you have to do push ups/ sit ups/ etc.

Join the quest and send me a shout out when you do. As a bonus, there are weekly weigh ins and people gain prizes and glorious titles to be earned.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My introduction to Peter Capaldi was as the Angel Islington in the UK mniseries Neverwhere, written by Neil Gaiman. Love them both!
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Where are all the Supernatural fans?

Here! TNT plays 3 hours of Supernatural every weekday from 9 to noon. I'm on my treadmill for anywhere from an hour to three hours a day watching the show.
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I play WOW, seven days to die, and Sims 3. I like supernatural shows
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Awful lot of guys on the geek CHICK thread...can't we have our own space?

We pass the Bechdel test; we are not congregating here for guys' convenience in picking up nerdy/geeky women.

Hard science bias. Engineering degree (& a couple other fields on top of that). Struggles with math (compared to other engineers). Tom Baker/Sara Jane Smith Who. Silicon Valley native & resident. Anime. Martial Arts. Attempting to learn Japanese. Learned basic hieroglyphics when Stargate was popular. Occasional (non-ship non-yaoi) fanfic writer. Never had time for games though.

Geeky enough?
  • JenniferCPC
    Options
    I almost picked a user name with "Geek Chic" in it. But I am too geeky for that, I just used my name and my certification I am working on (my second college degree).
  • jeng112
    jeng112 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm a total geek...Game of Thrones, In the Flesh, Doctor Who...I could go on but the list is quite extensive.
  • jeng112
    jeng112 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about loving David Tenant (tenth doc is cool enough to have ten in his name) and being worried when goofy Matt Smith came in. I can't see loving the new doctor as much, but he may surprise me too.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the different types of geek chicks on here! It's so cool to see everyone's definitions of Geek. That just shows how awesome we all are.
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Monica and I'm a Harry Potter addict. :)
  • dexteropolis
    dexteropolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a total geek chick! I even converted my non-geeky husband!! :):)
    My geek qualifications:
    BSBE IT
    MS Tech Systems (hoping to graduate soon!!)
    Tech Support Analyst (current job)
    Fan of movies: harry potter, lord of the rings, the hobbit, supernatural, doctor who, star wars, star trek, anime, foreign films
    Fan of Games: maple story, neopets, secondlife( not really a 'game', i know :)), spore
    I love to read
    I like sharks! (every time I think this I think of clip where the boy says I like turtles LOL)

ok so glad to know there are so many other girls out there like me!!!
  • formality
    formality Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you geek out over, but I'm a near-permanent resident in numerous fandoms! I love Harry Potter, Supernatural, Sherlock, Merlin, the Walking Dead, and sooo many more. I would look like a crazy person if I listed them all. I also play the Sims (3, sometimes 2, and once in a while, I'll flash right back to the original just for fun!), and World of Warcraft.

I'd love to connect with fellow geeks looking to shed some pounds, so anyone can feel free to send me a friend request or a message to figure out if we have the same geek genes!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Awful lot of guys on the geek CHICK thread...can't we have our own space?

We pass the Bechdel test; we are not congregating here for guys' convenience in picking up nerdy/geeky women.

Hard science bias. Engineering degree (& a couple other fields on top of that). Struggles with math (compared to other engineers). Tom Baker/Sara Jane Smith Who. Silicon Valley native & resident. Anime. Martial Arts. Attempting to learn Japanese. Learned basic hieroglyphics when Stargate was popular. Occasional (non-ship non-yaoi) fanfic writer. Never had time for games though.

Geeky enough?

Don't flatter yourself, we're just talking geeky stuff!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I am a total geek chick! I even converted my non-geeky husband!! :):)
    My geek qualifications:
    BSBE IT
    MS Tech Systems (hoping to graduate soon!!)
    Tech Support Analyst (current job)
    Fan of movies: harry potter, lord of the rings, the hobbit, supernatural, doctor who, star wars, star trek, anime, foreign films
    Fan of Games: maple story, neopets, secondlife( not really a 'game', i know :)), spore
    I love to read
    I like sharks! (every time I think this I think of clip where the boy says I like turtles LOL)

ok so glad to know there are so many other girls out there like me!!!

So how many of us already have our recorders set for Sharknado 2?