Question about Fat, Nearing Weight Goals, and BF%.

Options
Hello!

When I began losing weight I never honestly thought I'd make it this far. Then a year ago I realized I could get below 200, so I started making plans for that. My new goal is no longer a number, but a fitness level and an image. I am a cyclist and I am currently training to become competitive for next season. I am currently weighing in at 175, which is the upper limit of a competitive cyclist's weight. I know I've got weight to lose still, as I can see it hanging out on my body still.

My new goal is two pronged. First, I want to reach a high fitness level, athletic really. I know that this is way more than a weight thing, but it's the weight thing that is currently keeping me back from being considered an athletic person. I have a resting hr of 45bpm, I have an extremely high VO2max, a very large endurance base, and an equally large watt reserve. My current training sees me doing between 200 and 300 miles per week on my bike.

My problem is, I still have a lot of fat, but it's not anywhere near even. I can see my ribs and sternum, which isn't a big deal to me because I don't have much care for upper body strength. My legs are very toned, and I can see the veins in my lower legs up to my knees. My arms are coming along too and despite not gaining muscle, and frankly probably losing it (which I'm not worried about) my arms look rather ripped. But I have a lot of fat hanging out on my belly, my upper thighs, my butt, and my lower back.

I know ten pounds more will see me at 165, which is sort of where I have been recommended to get to by other cyclists, but I really doubt that ten pounds lost will see a significant diminishment in these areas. Am I right, or is ten pounds a lot more than I think and I'm just worrying about nothing?