Any one have a Tesco HRM? (UK)

Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just bought a Tesco One Body HRM. The reviews on the Tesco website were a bit mixed, but the main point seemed to be if you could manage to read the small print of the instructions and set it up correctly it was a very good buy, with the same, ifnot better features than some expensive ones. I've bough mine new on Ebay for even less than the Tesco price which is a very reasonable £19.95.
Anyone have one? What do you think of it?

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I think there is a bit of snobbery on here as regards HRMs so I think the best way to test it out would be to go to a gym, get the instructors to set you up on a piece of equipment that measure calories burned and compare your HRM reading with the gyms, if theyre similar then WOOHOO, you got yourself a bargain! And at £20 most of us could afford to get one because I really don't think the readings on here are accurate enough, they seem to way over estimate IMO
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    And at £20 most of us could afford to get one because I really don't think the readings on here are accurate enough, they seem to way over estimate IMO

I didn't want to give a fortune for one because while I'm enjoying exercising, I'm not going to be siging up for next years marathon! I just wanted something to give me a better guide to calories burnt than the MFP values, because I agree, I think that in many cases they are probably as much as 50% higher than the true figure.
    I know that there are others here that are very serious about their exercise, and I think thats wonderful! I wish I could be so dedicated, but for me just a general use product that wont break the bank will suffice.

Good idea about checking it against gym equipment, I just have to join the gym...:wink:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Good idea about checking it against gym equipment, I just have to join the gym...:wink:

Ah yes well you have a point there but if any of your mates go then they could sign you in as a guest...thats if there are any gyms that work like that near you. Another cheap way is to join a hospital gym, I know my local hospital gym is charged per session for none workers.

I think I will be looking into the tesco HRM. I'm not in a position financially or physically to warrant spending vast amounts on one.
This discussion has been closed.