Chicken Chicken & more Chicken

Options
Chicken seems to be my meat of choice right now. Don't get me wrong, I love chicken. I'm simply asking for your favorite healthy chicken recipes. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love chicken. Particularly grilled chicken topped w/sauteed fresh spinach, garlic and some cheddar cheese. Then there's grilled buffalo chicken flat bread pizza (cut up the chicken, toss in some frank's hot sauce and top w/a combo of bleu and cheddar cheese. Can't forget general tsao's chicken (grill chicken, toss in Iron Chef General Chicken Sauce w/a little rice vinegar and soy sauce and a bag of steamed broccoli).
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Chicken wrapped in bacon.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Yum! Thanks! Keep em coming. I love chicken and love to cook/grill. It was a bonus it was on sale for $.89 a pound.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I grill a ton of chicken over the weekend then use it all week in:

Soups
    Salads
    Tacos
    Burritos
    Stirfry
    Sandwiches
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Simplest chicken ever: Grilled chicken with a jam glaze. Works well with just a grill pan, too. You can find the full recipe on America's Test Kitchen website.

Brine chicken for 30min - pick any brining solution you like.

Grill the chicken briefly over high heat on one side just until you get grill marks.
    Flip and brush the grilled side with glaze, grilling just until you just get grill marks.
    Move chicken to medium heat.
    Flip and brush the unglazed side with glaze - grill 2 min.
    Repeat last step until chicken is cooked through, usually 3-5 more flips.

I usually pick a jam with sweet and heat - peach and chipotle, for example. If you can't find something like that, pick a regular fruit jam and add sriracha or sambal oelek to taste.

Last time I did this with 2 lbs of chicken breast and I'm the only one eating it. I was making tacos, salads, as a main with sides, putting it in quesadillas, you name it.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love to make shredded chicken. There are a variety of ways to make it, but I like to spice it up with diced jalapenos.

Ingredients:
    1 onions
    1 head of garlic
    6 jalapenos
    4 tomatoes
    Salt, pepper, cumin & chili powder to taste
    4 large chicken breasts

I saute the onions in a dutch oven for a few minutes until slightly translucent. I then add in garlic, jalapenos, chicken breasts and spices. I'll brown the chicken first on both sides and then add the tomatoes and a cup or two of water. I bring it to a boil, then put it back down to a simmer for a couple hours. An hour in, I start shredding the chicken with two forks. Once the water is almost gone, it's ready to eat. So good and filling and packed with flavor. I like to add them to salads and burritos.
    Options
    Yea! Thank you to all who responded.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Simplest chicken ever: Grilled chicken with a jam glaze. Works well with just a grill pan, too. You can find the full recipe on America's Test Kitchen website.

Brine chicken for 30min - pick any brining solution you like.

Grill the chicken briefly over high heat on one side just until you get grill marks.
    Flip and brush the grilled side with glaze, grilling just until you just get grill marks.
    Move chicken to medium heat.
    Flip and brush the unglazed side with glaze - grill 2 min.
    Repeat last step until chicken is cooked through, usually 3-5 more flips.

I usually pick a jam with sweet and heat - peach and chipotle, for example. If you can't find something like that, pick a regular fruit jam and add sriracha or sambal oelek to taste.

Last time I did this with 2 lbs of chicken breast and I'm the only one eating it. I was making tacos, salads, as a main with sides, putting it in quesadillas, you name it.
    That chicken would have no chance in my house! Thanks for the tasty recipe.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great ideas! thanks!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like to make a Posole in the slow cooker with skin less boneless chicken thighs.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is really good - Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa - I made it with brown rice:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cilantro-lime-chicken-with-avocado-salsa-10000001886432/
    Options
    Avocado salsa....YUM