looking for....

Options
OK. so i joined this site a while back, but i have just recently started to really get on and log in every day. I have been struggling for the last 4 or 5 years to lose all this weight that i have put on my body. I need to lose around 70 lbs total. So far, this year i have only lost 3! So needless to say i have a long way to go!

I am just looking for a place to plug myself in, have someone to talk to every day to keep me motivated, and hold me accountable! I'm a single mom of a toddler and i find myself always coming up with excuses as to why i can't lose weight. No time...too tired....can't go to a gym...well, NO MORE EXCUSES!!! :grumble:

I have to be determined and i have to have self discipline. I have been going 2 weeks so far and so far so good, however, I know that usually after 2 or 3 weeks I lose that motivation, Anyone interested in fighting this nasty battle of weightloss along with me let me know! I need all the help I can get. :ohwell:

Replies

• sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    OK. so i joined this site a while back, but i have just recently started to really get on and log in every day. I have been struggling for the last 4 or 5 years to lose all this weight that i have put on my body. I need to lose around 70 lbs total. So far, this year i have only lost 3! So needless to say i have a long way to go!

I am just looking for a place to plug myself in, have someone to talk to every day to keep me motivated, and hold me accountable! I'm a single mom of a toddler and i find myself always coming up with excuses as to why i can't lose weight. No time...too tired....can't go to a gym...well, NO MORE EXCUSES!!! :grumble:

I have to be determined and i have to have self discipline. I have been going 2 weeks so far and so far so good, however, I know that usually after 2 or 3 weeks I lose that motivation, Anyone interested in fighting this nasty battle of weightloss along with me let me know! I need all the help I can get. :ohwell:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can definitely do it :) I started out in late March with 59 lbs to lose, wondering if it was even possible. Now I am down 13lbs and only have 46 left to go. It might now sound like much but to me, its HUGE! You can do it too, and this website has an EXELLENT support structure! :drinker:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for the fact that you recognize where you think you're failing yourself because many people go through life never figuring that out -- ever.

You've made the right first steps and the next would be to look at this site as a lifestyle change more than it is a "diet" because dieting almost has the negative tone of meaning that once you achieve your goal you are free to go back to your old habits. On the other hand a lifestyle change is taking control of yourself and keeping that control until it becomes second nature to you and in that you win.

I needed to lose 70 lbs when I started and have lost 50 so far.

Good luck to you and understand that if you got this far you can make it to the end.
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks so much! I think one of the largest motivators is to see others going through the same thing and to be able to discuss struggles and to rejoice in our achievements! I will be looking forward to talking to everyone and I definitely agree that it is a lifestyle change. It is not just about losing weight. It is about finding strength in yourself to overcome the struggle and also about a healthier life for the future.....