sample of p90x

Options
is there any way to try a sample of p90x? i want to see if it's something for me and if i can fit the time in to do it before i spend the money.

Replies

• STEELMAN47
    Options
    You can look up p90 x on youtube & see people doing the workouts & follow along , or if you like intense hard workouts, just get the dvds, It's a great workout ,time wise about an hour to hour & fifteen minutes daily
  • mlaugh
    mlaugh Posts: 30
    Options
    They offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you order through beach body.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    They offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you order through beach body.

Actually they offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you order through Beachbody or one of their coaches. Basically you need to have at least an hour a day for a P90X work out.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you want to try a similar Beachbody workout, ChaLEAN Extreme is also good, uses weights and cardio and those routines run about 45 minutes each.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    They only thing w/ P90X is that there will be equipment to buy. If you want an intense DVD system w/o equimpment I would begin looking into Insanity.

If you were to purchase all equipment used in the P90X series this is what it would be:
    Weights and/or Bands (you need several different sizes, for women I would say begin at 5lb and work your way up in 5 lb increments, depending on your current strength you may begin even higher). Bands: If you buy the bands instead of weights you also need to buy those in different resistance strengths, however, I highly recommend weights, not bands - but I did purchase both, I just felt like I was getting more done w/ weights, could be that I don't have proper technique w/ bands. IDK)
    Pull-up Bar (& a door frame that will allow for a pull-up bar)
    Yoga mat (optional)
    Yoga blocks (optional)
    Push up stands (optional)
    You will need a chair or stool that you can use to assist w/ pullups if needed, and also to do leg kicks over. You can do leg kicks without a stool, but keeping one there really makes sure you push yourself and actually get your legs up off the ground. :)

In P90X the plan is that you will be working out 6 days a week, and on the 7th day you have a choice of rest or to do the StretchX video. Each day you will spend a minimum of 1 hour doing a workout, but on days you do the ab dvd as well your workout will be 1 hour & 15 minutes.

Hope that gives you a little help. :)
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    thanks for all the input everyone... = ) i think i'm on the verge of just buying it lol
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to throw away the "trial period" and just commit to it, it's usually on E-bay for $85 instead of $120
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    If you're willing to throw away the "trial period" and just commit to it, it's usually on E-bay for $85 instead of $120

great idea! thanks
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Just becareful that it is a) not counterfeit, b) has everything that is it suppose to come with, c) the DVD's actually work. Beachbody will not replace anything, if you didn't purchase directly from them or one of their coaches.