Anyone up to a 2,000 Calorie burn challenge

Options
I want to conquer the world today and I need recruits. Let's burn a 100,000 calories today together. It will change the world :huh: Okay that may be just a bit over the top. However, it will do us some good. How's that!

I'll tab the totals tonight at 11 pm. So lets move those legs, hips, and torsos.

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm down. Getting ready for a 5K race in a couple of hours, and I'll be sure to work out later in the day as well... 2,000 calories... let's do this.
  • TENAH
    TENAH Posts: 14
    Options
    "COUNT" me in !!!!!!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I always up for a challenge. It helps keep me accountable and on track. Yes...count me in too. Great idea. :smile:
  • tanias11
    Options
    im in! ill give you my results (how much i burned at the gym) laterrr im going around 2
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Im in... I think I can, I think I can...
    I will let you know
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'll be doing 30 Day Shred later today, so count me in too!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Ohhhhh my...not sure if I can get to 2000 but I will give it my best. I am training for my Grand Canyon hike in January.

Up my mountain I go....see you later today with my total!:bigsmile:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Phase 1
    1003 calories burned, phase II later I hope...
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh my...not sure if I can get to 2000 but I will give it my best. I am training for my Grand Canyon hike in January.

Up my mountain I go....see you later today with my total!:bigsmile:

Now that is worthy! Take water.
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wish I would've seen this before I went to swim! Add my 1323 to the list & I'll let you know if I can burn anymore today.
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1028, but that's it for me for today... Good luck!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    2013... done deal 77 min stat bike, 33 min treadmill 3.5 mph uphill, 41 min Elyptical...
    Thanks for the challenge...

A friend of mine passed away this morning with a heart attack... You helped me get back on my program with this challenge... I was kind of scared... preciate it
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Oh Gawd

Why didnt i notice this post earlier, I could of been so in, adding an extra class or machines onto my routine for sats.

I got 1262 :( Feel like im short changing you but its 11pm for me, cant do much more than that, lol
  • soze
    Options
    WTG everyone that participated no matter what your final tally was. I'll keep watching this thread until maybe midnight EST.

I managed to rack up 2,216 calories with 83 minutes on the treadmill and 21 minutes on the bike. Keep in mind I'm grossly overweight. So it racks up fast.
  • soze
    Options
    2013... done deal 77 min stat bike, 33 min treadmill 3.5 mph uphill, 41 min Elyptical...
    Thanks for the challenge...

A friend of mine passed away this morning with a heart attack... You helped me get back on my program with this challenge... I was kind of scared... preciate it

Truly sorry to hear about your friend!

Great job today on the cardio!
  • KeriD
    Options
    Whoooooooooooop I did it!!!! and it was exhilarating!!!!! :bigsmile: 2050 total
    1116 from hiking my mountain two times with my backpack weighted to 14 lbs.
    934 from weight training and cycle at the gym
    Going to enjoy the homemade pizzas at the party I am going to tonight :bigsmile:
    Thank you for the challenge. I really need to kick it in gear for my upcoming Grand Canyon hike!!!
  • FlashBang
    Options
    It was my recovery day or I would have given it a whirl. Congrats to all of you! This explains all the monster numbers today.
  • soze
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who joined on this monster challenge. I've often told my kids that if you learn to strive physically you can learn to strive mentally. Eh, mixed results. LOL. However, I do believe it is true about you folks.

I wish I had thought of this a day before. I woke up this morning, felt like a million bucks and said hey lets go for it. Then of course I took a 4 hour nap. After that little refreshing sleep I hit the gym hard. In fact I thought I was going to phase out before this post but Diet coke to the rescue.

In the beginning no awards were mentioned. Actually none were thought of. However, upon retrospection I've decided to give two honorary awards.

First award, drum roll please, goes to DJackson230. DJackson did the unthinkable. He did it in phases I and II. If I go home or away from the Gym it is over, done, kaput. This man climbed back on the horse and finished the quest. That is an element of success you cannot teach, you may learn it or it is born in you. For that you get the Honorary Sons of Hercules Award Star. Please feel free to tear off any gold star from a second grader. You have earned it.

The second award goes to....Momma Mia soundtrack please...KeriD! This lady plans to hike the Grand Canyon. I can see her accomplishing that quite easily. 2-0-5-0 calories burned! Amazing. She receives the Honary Viking Princess Award for her conquering attitude. Please feel free to dig through your daughters' closets for that special Corona.

It does not surprise me that both DJackson and KeriD have "D's" in their names. It has to stand for "Determination".

Here are the final results:
    1 Soze 2,216.00
    2 KeriD 2,050.00
    3 DJackson230 2,013.00
    4 Bigdaddycowgill 1,323.00
    5 Delicate 1,262.00
    6 Abtropix 1,028.00
    7 Dafrog 880.00

It's not that everyone doesn't deserve an award it's just that I have a limited vocabulary. <G>

Again thanks all for joining! You folks are great!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Soze you absolutely made me grin so big, stay the course my friend... I love ur work ethic and personality... Request me if u like and I must say Kerid is an amazonic lady, she will b an inspiration to u and she won't mind u requesting her. Stay strong!
  • KeriD
    Options
    This is sooooooooo GREAT Soze!!! You make me smile BIG :bigsmile:

WOW Soze you did AMAZING!!!! You are right on about DJackson, his is one of my oldest friends *giggle* and he is the man for the job when it comes to calorie burn!

WHOOOOOOOOP we all did FANTASTIC!!! :drinker: