way under calories

Options
So after I finished my food journal and exercise enteries I still had 480 calories left to eat. I was so full from the whole day eating that I cant imagine eating 480 more calories. How bad is it if I dont eat all my calories??

Replies

• JulieTX86
    Options
    Just don't do it all of the time, but one day certainly shouldn't hurt you. :)
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Just don't do it all of the time, but one day certainly shouldn't hurt you. :)

Thats the problem im always under anywhere from 250-480 idk what to do bc im not hungry and dont want to force feed myself but I dont want to shut down my metabolism also
  • nygal87
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've only been on this site for 5 days but each day, I'm always 500+ calories under my "goal" (which is a bit crazy because before I could easily eat 3,000 calories in a day). But I'm eating well portioned meals, only having fruit as my snacks and every day I get the "warning" from the site that I'm not eating enough and my body might go into starvation mode. It's not like I'm trying to do that and I've been satisfied with my meals.

And another part of the problem is when you add calories burnt for cardio, it adds that amount to your daily goal for calories for the day. And I usually burn about 600 calories. I'm trying to lose weight, why would I want to eat the 600 calories I just burned off?
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am generally the same way....I usually have about 500 calories left at the end of the day. If you are exercising a great deal, it will decrease your appetite (sounds ironic), and if you're drinking a lot of water you will also feel less hungry.

I would say that you need to listen to your own body.....Eat when/if you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied. If you are NOT hungry and have calories left, why eat them!?!? If your car doesn't need gas, do you fill it up? NO! Food is the fuel for our bodies...and if you don't need the fuel, you don't have to put it in!

BUT, again, I would say that you should listen to your own body and do what's right for you! Everyone on MFP has to listen to their own unique needs. (Hope this helps.....)
  • fairy06
    Options
    i have been under mine the past 3 days - but if i eat any more i will go over my carb/sugar allowance and i have been told i need to monitor this :(
    is my body going to go into starvation mode? im not feeling hungry or i would eat more.....like you i don't just want to force food down me :S

hummmmm can anyone advise us? if you are often much below your daily allowance is it really bad for you? xxx thanks xxx
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If your net calories are below 1200, you either need to consume more calorie dense foods, or exercise less. You can see your net calories by going to Reports.