Just starting...

Hi there, everyone!
I am so excited to have been directed to this site by a good friend of mine! I have had weight issues my whole life, as have most of my close relatives. I must say, EVERYTHING I have seen on this site is absolutely fantastic! I have read a few messages and set up my account, and the reason I am so impressed is....everyone's messages are so supportive! Never have I come across a site with such dedicated and supportive people (trust me, I been on a few sites).
I very recently had a full-mouth extraction (talk about adding insult to injury, fat AND toothless!) so I FINALLY have decided this is going to be my REAL starting point! Getting my teeth out provided me a great motivation...I could (and still can) only eat very soft foods (i.e. yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, etc.) and there by was forced to avoid my normal culprits, massive amounts of very high fats and carbs. On top of my terrible eating habits, my excercise habits were non-existant. But not anymore!!
I am totally dedicated to this new way of eating and exercising, and hopefully it works for me. I really am happy to be here, and the best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• Hi there, everyone!
    I am so excited to have been directed to this site by a good friend of mine! I have had weight issues my whole life, as have most of my close relatives. I must say, EVERYTHING I have seen on this site is absolutely fantastic! I have read a few messages and set up my account, and the reason I am so impressed is....everyone's messages are so supportive! Never have I come across a site with such dedicated and supportive people (trust me, I been on a few sites).
    I very recently had a full-mouth extraction (talk about adding insult to injury, fat AND toothless!) so I FINALLY have decided this is going to be my REAL starting point! Getting my teeth out provided me a great motivation...I could (and still can) only eat very soft foods (i.e. yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, etc.) and there by was forced to avoid my normal culprits, massive amounts of very high fats and carbs. On top of my terrible eating habits, my excercise habits were non-existant. But not anymore!!
    I am totally dedicated to this new way of eating and exercising, and hopefully it works for me. I really am happy to be here, and the best of luck to everyone!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Welcome NoMoreAt3! we are glad you are here! You are right... there is a lot of support and motivation on this site. Keep up with the hard work, and you will reach your goals in no time!

Good Luck!
  • Welcome!!! SO happy to have you with us on this journey to good health and fit tummys and thighs!!! LOL Im new here too and Im really excited to meet and mingle with people who have the same goals in life as I do...WEIGHTLOSS!! It really helps me to stay on track! Im here if you ever wanna vent or need help k?? We all are! Good luck to you and I hope u meet your goals soon. :)
    Raelene
  • rraitt
    rraitt Posts: 23
    Hi and welcome nomore...... this is a great supportive group of people... good luck and if you need to talk feel free to write me..... WELCOME
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Welcome! You sound motivated and will be off to a great start. Keep us posted to your progress.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    welcome! we look forward to hearing great things from you.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Isn't it amazing what motivates us? Welcome and keep up the good work!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Hello, Welcome and Good Luck!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Welcome!!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Welcome! I'm sure that you will find this site as motivating as I do. These people are so very supportive, there's nothing else like it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    NoMoreAt3,

Welcome!

We really care about each other, and thank you for noticing our committment ! I found it was helpful when I first started to read through alot of the posts - I learned so much!

There are so many really smart people here in all levels of their journey.

Stay with us!

~Cheryl
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Like you Cheryl! You are smart ;)