Thanksgiving is coming ----HELP!!!

jujecarp
jujecarp Posts: 7 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I am doing So well losing weight AND keeping it off but frankly the holidays scare me half to death!!! I am sure I will take the holiday off from my eating but I have this crazy "fear" that I could gain back the 62 pounds I lost in one day! I know thats insane but I have lost this weight before and NOT kept it off!!!! I need to ease this fear somehow. People don't really know that I am a food addict. It is definitely an addiction that will NEVER be cured!!!!!!!!! I thank God for this website -- it keeps me on track EveryDay!!!!!!:ohwell: :heart:

Replies

• mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    You will do just fine!!! You won't gain 62 pounds, so moderation and enjoy!!!

Yes it's an addiction, the problem is that we still need to eat to live, we can't quit it cold turkey.. Keep a mantra in your head all day with your goals... where to you want to be, what do you want to achieve and think about that when you go to eat something you shouldn't
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    We can do this with the help of our Friends. I am planning to at least have a small portion of all my Favorites, Luckily my FAVORITE thing is Smoked Turkey and it is fairly low in calories. Plan some activity before your meal, even if it is just a ten minute walk or an Exercise Video for 10 minutes. That will give you a sense of control and remind you to focus on what you want the MOST, rather than on what you want RIGHT NOW!!!
    I also keep apples on hand and eat one before any meal that I think will be "Big". The apple will fill you up, and the crunch is very satisfying.
    :flowerforyou: Good Luck!!!
  • I feel the same way!!! Thanksgiving is always the worst holiday for me with eating. My family puts on a huge dinner and its really hard not to over stack your plate with food! Just keep your goal in mind during those family celebrations and you'll be ok! :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    My plan for Thanksgiving Day is to get up, have my hour walk, come home and help to cook. Most of the time when I help cook I find that I am not as hungry come dinner time. I will have little portions of my favorites and then after clean up go for another little walk. If I am getting some form of exercise in for the day I am sure it will go just fine.
    Good luck. And remember - it's just 1 day.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    You know, it's never too late to start a NEW tradition, one that fits into your new lifestyle.

For Thanksgiving, my husband and children spend the day on the beach. We treat ourselves to our favorite Greek pizza. The pizza is our favorite food and we're thankful for it ;)
  • jujecarp
    jujecarp Posts: 7 Member
    Thank You!!!!!
  • There are some great ideas here. Remember the higher your activity level the more calories you are allowed. Use a small plate and take small portions...eat slowly and really enjoy it. Tell yourself you can have seconds if you want. Don't focus on the food. Find a favorite Aunt or someone you enjoy being around and really focus on catching up with them. Engage them in genuine conversation. The last thing you want to do is focus on your fear. Don't give it power over you.
This discussion has been closed.