Curvy Vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I am Mom to a vegan teen and eat vegan MANY days of the week in support. I'm here to tell you there is not ONE green thing in the vegan butternut pasta dish (the recipe calls is Vegan mac n cheese, but I'm not QUITE ready to do that!) I am making for dinner tonight!

I was vegetarian for YEARS and still on the voluptuous side...it's more about your calorie intake than anything, really.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I was talking to someone in CVS a while back, the cashier. Me, her, and another customer were discussing diets. The cashier was vegan, and curvy. She stated that she realized her problem, and got tired of people accusing her of not really being vegan. Her problem was simple.. She really enjoyed all the higher calorie vegan options. A lot of vegan options are higher calorie. And she admitted that she ate probably more cookies than she should.

I think many people believe that stereotype of the thin vegan. Some even believe that vegans are sickly thin, all the time. Which just isn't true. Vegans - like people of ANY lifestyle/diet - come in all shapes and sizes. And they definitely come in curvy.

I really can't believe you've actually gotten harsh messages here. Most of the people here are so nice (if not opinionated). Sorry you've had to go through that. It seems way out of line.