Looking for Big Losers for support

Options
While I know we're all on the path the being healthier and happier selves, I also realize that those of us facing 100lbs+ loss challenges face particular difficulties so I would like to make "friends" with people like me who have over 100lbs to lose. There must be a few of us out there right?

I'm Julie, happily married mom to 2 girls, started this journey at 330.2lbs and currently at 316.6. Hoping to one day see myself between 150-175lbs.

Hope to hear from you :)

Replies

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I am need to lose a little over 100 pounds and it just seems like it is so far off. Good luck!
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    Welcome Julie!

I started this at 366lbs and right now I'm probably around 320.

There's lots of support here. Please feel free to add me as a friend, we can do it together :)
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Welcome and much luck to you! My starting weight was 320 and now I'm 164 (gotta little more to go to my new goal).
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 384. I started MFP in Sept at 370. I am now around 350. My goal is 170.

We can do this.

Eva
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I started at 280 in Feb (22nd) of this year. Am now at 195. My tentative goal is 150 but really I'm going to play that by ear depending on how I look and feel as I continue to go down. I want a realistic goal that I can maintain without driving myself crazy but where I am comfortable and healthy. I definitely started this journey for health more than looks...although I will admit the looks and buying smaller clothing is a plus:bigsmile:
  • naner61
    Options
    Hi Julie;

I'm Nancy and it is nice to meet you! I too have 100+ lbs to lose and have been struggling with it since I was 16 and gave birth to my daughter...and now I am close to 50...lol....and my goal is to lose at least half by that milestone birthday in May. I have found this site to be helpful in tracking calories because a person never thinks they eat as much as they do!!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello !!
  • luckie07
    Options
    I am also looking to loose a large amount~ struggling allllll the way. :blushing:
  • loubay26
    Options
    I started at 285 then hit 240. I gained 13 lbs back but am now back to 240. Joined MFP just a few days ago. We can do it. One day at a time.

Good Luck
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I here with ya too!
  • aqueen35
    aqueen35 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was 279 (pregnant), I joined my fitness pal at 262 and I am currently at 250.8, I really want to be around 150, So I have about 100 lb to lose! Welcome to MFP- I know we can do it.
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im a big loser :). I have just under 100lbs now to the ultimate goal. I find reading the success stories to be really motivational. I find this site very helpful for me and hope it helps you too Julie! Welcome!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    TaneeisFitforLife
    Welcome and much luck to you! My starting weight was 320 and now I'm 164 (gotta little more to go to my new goal).

FitnessChefJime
    Hello !!

Wow to both of you, fantastically well done!!

I had 99lb to lose but I've broken it down into smaller chunks to make it less daunting, i'm a quarter of the way there in 10 weeks and can now start to think of the bigger number. You will get there, just remember baby steps add up.
  • erikaj819
    Options
    Welcome, im with all of you, lets get this 100+lbs gone!!!! starting weight 292 current weight 282
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    My ticker says 90 but hey, I could go up to 100. Sending a friend request your way.
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    While I know we're all on the path the being healthier and happier selves, I also realize that those of us facing 100lbs+ loss challenges face particular difficulties so I would like to make "friends" with people like me who have over 100lbs to lose. There must be a few of us out there right?

I'm Julie, happily married mom to 2 girls, started this journey at 330.2lbs and currently at 316.6. Hoping to one day see myself between 150-175lbs.

Hope to hear from you :)

I just sent you a friend request. I started my weight journey at 301 and I have approx. 150 to lose.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 100 to lose I am now 252.. but I started my life at 275 this is a life plan.. I would love to be friends with ppl who have a lot to lose.
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi! I'm in here with ya too! Add me as a friend!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello Julie,

Welcome! MFP works if you work it! I am here for you dear and I have a 100 plus more pounds to lose. I have already lost and kept off 200 pounds since 2004. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for more support!