110 kg to 84 kg in a year and a half

Options
I was given a picture of me when a weighed 110 kg +. I didn't think that I had a "before" picture but I have one now.

[c4a12de8-15be-4f49-bed5-da4498afd8c9_zpscda8dd1a.jpg

and here is a picture of me in May before completing the Carten 100 ( 107 mile cycle ride from Cardiff to Tenby)

photo_zps1ebc4b01.jpg

Replies

• obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look like a completely different person :happy:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have to agree - you look like a diff person. Well done on the weight loss!
  • kmwmtd
    kmwmtd Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations! I find this particularly motivational as your 'journey' is practically identical to mine - I am 45, started at 110kg 5 weeks ago, with the eventual target of mid-70s kg. 6.5 kg down, another 30-ish to go. Seeing your transformation adds another reason to continue.

Thank you.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. Interesting that you want to get to mid 70s. I wish I could but I am at a bit of a plateau at the mo. Currently at 84 kg I am at a BMI of 25.2 (so technically overweight) but I am ~ 15% body fat. Just goes to show BMI isn't everything
  • kmwmtd
    kmwmtd Posts: 6
    Options
    BMI is a rather blunt instrument presumably because it doesn't take body fat and muscle mass into account. I do track it because I want the warm, fuzzy feeling of Obese turning into Overweight ;-) Mid 70s may be an unachievable goal - 73kg is roughly the weight I was before I started putting weight on, but I'm 20 years older so my metabolism has changed. Still, everyone needs a dream - I won't be too upset if I don't get there as I have a massive set of other goals between now and then ;-)
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    Amazing ! Great work ! I am happy for you ! Keep up the great work !
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    good job, i did 112 to 80 in a year, now down to 76ish that has taken about a year and a half.
    you should be commended :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. Interesting that you want to get to mid 70s. I wish I could but I am at a bit of a plateau at the mo. Currently at 84 kg I am at a BMI of 25.2 (so technically overweight) but I am ~ 15% body fat. Just goes to show BMI isn't everything

mine sais 24 now i've gone into "normal" range at 16.5% but it doesnt account for muscle and naturally large boned people clearly :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!