Trying to get back into this & need active friends

Options
Hi! I'm 34, 5'9" on welfare. I'm literally starving and still not losing weight because the only food I can afford is nutritionally void, but full of calories! X(

I live in a basement apt with low ceiling and no good workout space but I really like workout videos like TurboFire and I don't like going outside to jog or whatever cos it's not a good neighbourhood.

I'm a trans* woman, pansexual, polyamorous, and trying to go vegan again as soon as I can figure out a way to eat healthy on $30/wk or get a job with enough income to eat properly.

I don't judge anyone on their methods or choices, but I'm trying to find that invisible balance between eating as little as possible while still getting the nutrients I need and the energy to work out. I don't subscribe to "superfoods" because I either can't afford them and/or can't find them. I live in a rough neighbourhood in Toronto without access to good grocery stores or good transportation.

So, what I'm hoping for here is anyone relatively similar on one of these points, and/or are just helpful at motivating me to stick to it and check in regularly.

Hit me up with a friend request, and you get bonus points if you're in Toronto and wanna meet up for coffeee or a walk or something some time.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't judge anyone on their methods or choices, but I'm trying to find that invisible balance between eating as little as possible while still getting the nutrients I need and the energy to work out.
    You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn. If you can afford $12 or so, get a digital food scale. It'll save money in the long run, because you'll eat way less food than when you guesstimate your portions.

Dried or canned beans, eggs, cheese, and nuts are all good sources of protein. Frozen fruit & veg are cheaper than fresh—and just as nutritious. I'm less hungry when I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums and ignore fat & carbs. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Take "before" photos & measurements. And read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants