Even strangers try to discourage me...

Options
2»

Replies

• KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Remember Charlie Brown's teacher's voice. Yah, picture and hear that when people who are full of nonsense talk.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    So I am at Sears today picking up some weights (and my mom is with me). I get up to the cashier and she says "looks like someone is going to be working hard" and then my mother and the cashier begin conversing about how much a waste of time it is to try to get in shape because "you lose 20 lbs only to gain it back and more" and how they are happy "keeping their extra pounds" and how people like me who want to try and get in shape are just wasting their time and will just end up gaining it all back and should just be happy how they are. I am very disheartened by these remarks from family and strangers. How do you deal with these types of comments?

Simply ignore.
    Just because they have chosen to settle doesn't mean you should, unless of course you've decided to.
    It's entirely up to you :drinker:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Use it as a motivation to prove them wrong!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    How do you deal with these types of comments?

i'm confused as to why one has to "deal" with random comments from random people?

agreed. i dont understand what there is to "deal" with when other people are expression their opinions

stop looking for reasons to make other people's issues your issues. strangers dont know you so there is no conspiracy to discourage you and there is no cheerleading team to motivate you. people just live their own lives with their own experiences and opinions.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Smile and nod, smile and nod.