What kind of calves do you like?

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you rang?

a9TIVJz.jpg

^^^^ this kind, on my plate with gravy, mint sauce, roast spuds, yorkshire pudding, brussels sprouts, broccoli and spinach.

Yes I know mint sauce is traditionally for lamb but I like it with beef too.
  • robertdc50
    robertdc50 Posts: 50
    Options
    you rang?

a9TIVJz.jpg

This gets my vote :)
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    three, three, three!
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm biased maybe because I have strong calves, but I adore the look of strong, muscular calves. :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

3.14687558622_be4790942a_o.jpgcalves by i, o
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

3.14687558622_be4790942a_o.jpgcalves by i, o

Yup...those are pretty nice.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Mine

taodfn.jpg

Awesome work!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I am genetically gifted with the calves of number 1 :grumble: Meaning, slim and non-existant:laugh:

I will TAKE whatever I get when I build some (2-6, doesn't matter). It'll probably be a slightly better #4. Hopefully, everyone will be too distracted by my rockin' upper body to pay attention to my chicken legs.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    3 and 1
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I am genetically gifted with the calves of number 1 :grumble: Meaning, slim and non-existant:laugh:

I will TAKE whatever I get when I build some (2-6, doesn't matter). It'll probably be a slightly better #4. Hopefully, everyone will be too distracted by my rockin' upper body to pay attention to my chicken legs.

Don't blame genetics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56MZjPykQ7A
    :wink:
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    2 and 3 for sure
  • williams969
    Options

Don't blame genetics.

Oh, yeah it's definitely genetically based (nunya bizness, but I have a medically relevant predisposition in this area), somewhat of course. Although, I HAVE grown my calves from 13 inches to an AHMAZZZING 13.25 inches in 3 months focusing on lower body, lol!

Once my cut is done, I can bulk, and maybe grow another 1/2 inch in my calves. No matter--they will be the most spectacular version of MY calves I can obtain.
  • williams969
    Options
    Lol at anyone blaming genetics. I myself had calves like 1. Junior year of high school. With plenty of trial and error, plus really pushing myself to the next level I was able to have the calves I have today. If your calves don't hurt after a brutal leg day then you're not pushing yourself hard enough. Blaming genetics is an excuse for the lazy.

Umm, millions of people live with various types of neuromuscular diseases. Please stop.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lol at anyone blaming genetics. I myself had calves like 1. towards the end of jr year of high school. With plenty of trial and error, plus really pushing myself to the next level I was able to have the calves I have today. (1 year diff) If your calves don't hurt after a brutal leg day then you're not pushing yourself hard enough. Blaming genetics is an excuse for the lazy.

And when you're in high school, your body is still growing and developing, thus making it more reasonable to expect dramatic progress in a shorter period of time. As adults, our bodies can still change and develop but it takes much longer. Plus, if williams969 has some kind of neuromuscular disease (as she seems to be suggesting), then the deck is stacked against her regardless.

Sorry man, but you aren't supporting your argument; you're merely proving your lack of knowledge and empathy.
  • williams969
    Options
    Lol at anyone blaming genetics. I myself had calves like 1. towards the end of jr year of high school. With plenty of trial and error, plus really pushing myself to the next level I was able to have the calves I have today. (1 year diff) If your calves don't hurt after a brutal leg day then you're not pushing yourself hard enough. Blaming genetics is an excuse for the lazy.

And when you're in high school, your body is still growing and developing, thus making it more reasonable to expect dramatic progress in a shorter period of time. As adults, our bodies can still change and develop but it takes much longer. Plus, if williams969 has some kind of neuromuscular disease (as she seems to be suggesting), then the deck is stacked against her regardless.

Sorry man, but you aren't supporting your argument; you're merely proving your lack of knowledge and empathy.

No kidding! Thank you, TX!:drinker: I shall have a drink in your honor tonight (forgive me, though, as it will be scotch).

I never said I was lazy. Actually, the fact that I push as much as I can (and am medically cleared to do) to actually see some gains in my lower body was apparently lost on Scumbag_Gil. 1/4 inch is a HUGE gain for me, both physically and motivationally!

But, apparently, I should be laughed at? Umm, okay. I "destroy" people like this on a daily basis with my inspirational quest for health.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Big healthy ones that grow into tasty, tasty BEEF. :heart: :heart: :heart:
    beefcattleimage.jpg