SUSHI!!

Options
I love love love sushi!!! It's my favorite food ever!!! For all you sushi lovers out there, I wanna know what your favorite kind of sushi is!!!! I love everything, sashimi, nigiri, maki...yummy!!! At my favorite restaurant in Montreal, Maiko Sushi, i love the hamachi épicé (spicy tuna), poulailler (fried chicken roll), kaki yaki (sweet potato roll) and rainbow roll, I also love love love salmon sashimi and all other kinds of sashimi. They also have the best rouleaux de mers(seafood imperial rolls) and miso soup!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

So there you go, I would love to know what kinds you like and your favorite restaurant, I travel a lot and I go to sushi restaurants wherever I go!!

Replies

• photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Unagi!!! (Eel)
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    true!!! I forgot about unagi..very yummy!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    raw salmon and raw squid...i could live off of those!!!!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    yellowtail!! YUM

albacore belly too...forget what they call it!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    unagi nigiri and a rainbow roll is my my usual dinner when i go out for sushi. although, tamago (sweet egg) nigiri has been a favorite since i was little, so sometimes i'll get that. oh, and last week i had a spicy tuna roll with unagi and avocado on top! it was SO good. chirashi (different kinds of sashimi in a bowl over a little rice and vegetables) is really good when i'm not broke!

yum!
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    unagi, uni, toro, oyster and quail egg shots and any sashimi platter. yummy!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    If you are ever in Sacramento, you have to eat at Nagatos. Service at the bar is good, table service is BLAH but the sushi is phenomenal and FRESH! Nagato Roll is BOMB! lol
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I love sushi but I only eat the vegetarian kinds. My favourite is cucumber/avocado combined but sweet potato is divine! It is just usually fried so I stay away from it. Asparagus is great too, pickled radish is my least favourite.

Does anyone else not get full on sushi? I could eat 50 pieces before getting full hence AYCE is a bonus for me.

I go to Hockey Sushi in Thornhill (just outside of Toronto) and also in Guelph when visiting friends. There is a 10% off coupon on their website.

http://www.hockeysushi.com/main/
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My favorite fish right now is escolar, but I love Sushi in general. Had it last night for dinner and probably have it at least once a week :bigsmile:
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I tend to get full really fast but then I'm hungry later (from the rice). Could be also that I'm eating lots of fish so the protein fills me up!! So what I do now when I go out for sushi is have a big mixed veggie salad with ginger dressing, drink lots and lots of water and use as little soy sauce as possible (really not good for the bloating). Sushi is one food I keep in my diet, I eat it at least once every 2 weeks and its so satisfying!!
  • jnbeauch
    Options
    White tuna is AMAZING! Smoked salmon is really good also.