MFPers from across the country meet!

Options
Note: Don't meet just anyone you 'know' over the internet. This has been a PSA from Phoenix Rising :wink:

A few years ago, a group of MFP chatters in a particular thread decided to take it offline --- and into real emails. I believe this started due to a crash of MFP for a day in which we were all hopelessly lost, wanting to talk to our MFP friends!! *giggle*

Over those two years, we have begun emailing one another, eventually exchanging text messages, phone calls and even sending gifts to our respective homes.

Then, we decided to start meeting each other in real life.

I'm from NC. A trip to TX put me in prime position for these two to drive six hours through the large state of Texas to meet me.

DSC_5139+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

DSC_5141+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

DSC_5145+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

A business trip put me in Boston, a mere hour away from this MFPer.

DSC_6693+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

Then came the trip to meet many!! One MFPer from Michigan was traveling to Boston to be in a theater production. Those of us that were able secretly planned to show up at the play and surprise her! She only knew of one MFPer that would be there. We surprised her at dinner at a sushi restaurant, appropriately naming the trip "Sushi and Shenanigans". Represented in this photo are MFPers from Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and Maryland!! Yes - each MFPer from a different state! (One friend photographed was in the play, who is from.... Illinois? Ohio? Indiana? Anyhow, another state.)

DSC_9388+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

While meeting in real life may not be for everyone, I wanted to share our experiences. MFP has not only helped me with my weight loss.

MFP has provided me with friendships that will last a life time. For that, I am thankful. :heart:

EDIT NOTE: grrrr you photobucket and your massively large photos!!! resizing now, bear with me folks...
EDIT NOTE 2: I'm about to scream. Done with photobucket. Moving on to another hosting site....
EDIT NOTE 3: Thank you Blogspot, I love you forever!!

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Note: Don't meet just anyone you 'know' over the internet. This has been a PSA from Phoenix Rising :wink:

A few years ago, a group of MFP chatters in a particular thread decided to take it offline --- and into real emails. I believe this started due to a crash of MFP for a day in which we were all hopelessly lost, wanting to talk to our MFP friends!! *giggle*

Over those two years, we have begun emailing one another, eventually exchanging text messages, phone calls and even sending gifts to our respective homes.

Then, we decided to start meeting each other in real life.

I'm from NC. A trip to TX put me in prime position for these two to drive six hours through the large state of Texas to meet me.

DSC_5139+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

DSC_5141+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

DSC_5145+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

A business trip put me in Boston, a mere hour away from this MFPer.

DSC_6693+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

Then came the trip to meet many!! One MFPer from Michigan was traveling to Boston to be in a theater production. Those of us that were able secretly planned to show up at the play and surprise her! She only knew of one MFPer that would be there. We surprised her at dinner at a sushi restaurant, appropriately naming the trip "Sushi and Shenanigans". Represented in this photo are MFPers from Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and Maryland!! Yes - each MFPer from a different state! (One friend photographed was in the play, who is from.... Illinois? Ohio? Indiana? Anyhow, another state.)

DSC_9388+%2528Medium%2529.JPG

While meeting in real life may not be for everyone, I wanted to share our experiences. MFP has not only helped me with my weight loss.

MFP has provided me with friendships that will last a life time. For that, I am thankful. :heart:

EDIT NOTE: grrrr you photobucket and your massively large photos!!! resizing now, bear with me folks...
    EDIT NOTE 2: I'm about to scream. Done with photobucket. Moving on to another hosting site....
    EDIT NOTE 3: Thank you Blogspot, I love you forever!!

There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am to have you all in my life. I love you all. *muah*
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That is soooo AWESOME!!!!!!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A brilliant idea! I've met up with internet friends loads of times and it's always really rewarding - fun and interesting. I don't know if you guys found this but their characters/personalities are always exactly as I'd imagined them too ...:drinker:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    A brilliant idea! I've met up with internet friends loads of times and it's always really rewarding - fun and interesting. I don't know if you guys found this but their characters/personalities are always exactly as I'd imagined them too ...:drinker:

I won't speak for anyone else, but everyone was EXACTLY like I imagined and how they come across in email.
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I would love to meat my MFP friends!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Still waiting in Jersey 146fs495919.gif for an MFP meeting-- came pretty close this year with Jeannie and Lori, both in Florida-- I have no doubt that one day it will happen, and can't wait.

How lovely that you've all met "in real life"

I echo Shuntae to many on here, and you know who you are-- my friends on this site have supported me through a buncha crap-- I don't know what I'd do without you.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY 3T's!!!!

even though i am not involved in everyday chat like before, i still love seeing the emails every day. miss all of you and can't wait for tabs wedding!!!

XXXXXX!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful!! :-)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    bump

:smile:
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    :heart: !!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :heart: !!

:heart: !!:heart: !!:heart: !! back at 'cha BQ!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Aw, how cool!

I've met 3 MFP'ers and have plans to meet at least one more (you know who you are...you'll be holding up the bar at my wedding. :wink: :laugh: )

Thank you for sharing your pictures, what a great looking group of gals! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Aw, how cool!

I've met 3 MFP'ers and have plans to meet at least one more (you know who you are...you'll be holding up the bar at my wedding. :wink: :laugh: )

Thank you for sharing your pictures, what a great looking group of gals! :drinker:

:laugh: Damn skippy, I will!!!! :drinker: :smooched: