Any closet nerds? :)

Options
LoryBear
LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
I'm always looking for new people to talk to, so are there any closet (or not so closet if you're like me) nerds?

Lovers of video games, super heroes, star wars, lord of the rings, anime, etc, anything along those lines? Post or message me if you share any of those interests. I'd love to chat sometime.

Replies

• agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid, still dabble in video games but not as much as I used to.
  • charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My profile pic was a S.H.I.E.L.D logo for a while....so I'm probably less of a 'closet nerd' and more just a regular one!
  • agousetis
    Options
    Anyone into comics in this thread? I found some of my old ones and am curious to see if any of them are any good.

TMNT

TRANSFORMERS

Wolverine

Punisher
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow geeks! I don't even know where the nerd closet door is anymore. :drinker:

I'm an engineer. I read sci fi and fantasy novels, but not to the exclusion of all else. If it's been made into a movie, I've probably already read it. I'm into computer games (not video games, old school :tongue: ). I've just recently taken up back-yard astronomy (I got my first scope less than a year ago). I "get" all the references on Big Bang.

I never really got into comic books, though I enjoy them when I've run across them.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, yep video games comics robots I guess you could call me a nerd!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I make video games. One of my boys made most the lore in Morrowind. I'm kinda a nerd.
  • LoryBear
    LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make video games. One of my boys made most the lore in Morrowind. I'm kinda a nerd.
    Ahh! So much respect. :flowerforyou: Morrrowind.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm currently deciding on what Fable tattoo I should get, I'm hooked on Gates of Andaron (or 4 story as it's now called :grumble:), I am a HUGE fan of Batman hardcovers (like the Killing Joke), and I'm into a few anime series but I am picky.
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    Star Wars... Yes (Kind of ridiculous). Anime... Yes (Watched 700 episodes of Naruto before I gave up, Seen Redline 34 times).

Avatar The Last Airbender is what I specialize in, I know every episode on every disk, own the entire 3 seasons (Had to buy the second season twice because I kept losing disks... and we can't have that now).

Harry Potter.. another ridiculous fan.

Lord of the Rings is my dad's calling, thus, it's rubbed off on me.

Other addictions would have to be Fable, Played everyone of the assassins creed games, and Halo (Xbox 360 fan).

And the only one who know's of my nerd basis is me and my boyfriend (And my dad who bought me a 3 foot tall Darth Vader for Christmas)
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    I'm currently deciding on what Fable tattoo I should get

Awesome! the first Fable is one of my favourite games of all time.
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    Anyone into comics in this thread? I found some of my old ones and am curious to see if any of them are any good.

TMNT

TRANSFORMERS

Wolverine

Punisher

Yeah haven't read anything for a while but read these and thought they were really good:

Y last man

The Walking Dead - up to about number 100

V for Vendetta

Preacher

Deadenders
  • agousetis
    Options
    I'd love to get into the Walking Dead....maybe that's what I'll set out to do this winter
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    I'd love to get into the Walking Dead....maybe that's what I'll set out to do this winter

Yeah do it its seriously good, really brutal - way better than the TV show IMHO.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm currently deciding on what Fable tattoo I should get

Awesome! the first Fable is one of my favourite games of all time.
    [/quote]

My favorite Fable is Fable 3, I know that nobody agrees with me but I absolutely love it. I don't know if I want the guild seal on the upper part of the back of my neck or if I want to get the playing cards with the hero as an Ace, Walter as King, and Page as Queen. Possibly a royal flush with the intro chicken as the joker, and 10 as Ben. But that would take up a lot of my back and I don't know if I want to go all suicide girl just yet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Avatar The Last Airbender is what I specialize in, I know every episode on every disk, own the entire 3 seasons (Had to buy the second season twice because I kept losing disks... and we can't have that now).

i love avatar. not a huge fan of LoK. i wish they had done a big giant multi-season story like they did with TLA. I really would've loved if Amon, the big bad in season 1 had been some anti-avatar, born when Avatar Aang died and was resurrected at the end of season 2. still, i'm watching LoK because it's still pretty cool.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Closet nerd? Me? I'm wearing a VMware t-shirt I got at a trade show currently.

Nothing closeted about it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ahh! So much respect. :flowerforyou: Morrrowind.

It's half the reason he's my homie.

The stuff he hid in the game is unreal. Veiled and only marginally veiled, like the mace of molag bal. Heh. :D
  • Yoshimay36
    Yoshimay36 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Psh.
    Anime fan ♥
    Never gonna hide that ! :D
    Nein, wir sind der Jäger!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Sure, I like things. That makes me a nerd, right?