To Buy an HRM or not to buy an HRM?

gracienkaidens_momma
gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have my eye on this pink Polar HRM watch and I could get it for a really cheap price, but I don't want to be spending any money on myself this close to Christmas. Oh what should I do?

Replies

• tell somebody you know that wants to get you something about it. go ahead and get it and then just ask for the cash. polar isn't a cheap brand, and if you can find one for a good price, i'd definitely go for it!
  • DO IT
    DO IT
    DO IT
    DO IT

i love my F6
  • The fact that it's pink and cute makes me want to wear it all the time! I need a good watch anyway. I just hope it isn't too big and gawdy.

Also, I want it to motivate me to work out more. I have been working out 11 of the past 14 days (since I joined this site!) so I know I'll use it!

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • I feel you on this one. I put my purchase of a HRM on hold for the holidays. Mainly because im traveling to florida. But if you can get it a good price, I say GET IT. Guarantee you deserve a little present and its a investment in your health and proper fitness.
    Good luck :)
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    BUY IT!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I had this same issue for quite some time...I finally bought a HRM when I saw a deal I couldn't pass up and am glad I did.

I had a renewed motivation once I bought it, which was nice. It was fun to play with. I would get to so many cals burned and think, oh just a few more...so it helped up my workouts.

You could buy it for yourself as a present. Or, buy it and if anyone wants to know something, just give it to them to wrap for you. Or, they can give you money to cover the cost...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    BUY IT!
    I wear my POLAR more than I wear my shoes! I wouldn't even consider working out without it, and mine's not even PINK!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    You absolutely have to get it! :o) lol! I can't workout without mine! Its an addiction! They are amazing! Consider it your, "I'm going to look even MORE amazing for Christmas gift" to yourself! :o)
  • I just realized that next week I'm off for Thanksgiving break (I'm a teacher) so I won't have to pay childcare for that week! So I'm going to use that money to buy the watch! thanks for the advice guys!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    I just realized that next week I'm off for Thanksgiving break (I'm a teacher) so I won't have to pay childcare for that week! So I'm going to use that money to buy the watch! thanks for the advice guys!

Isn't Santa watching for some well-placed hints???
  • I just realized that next week I'm off for Thanksgiving break (I'm a teacher) so I won't have to pay childcare for that week! So I'm going to use that money to buy the watch! thanks for the advice guys!

Isn't Santa watching for some well-placed hints???

Well I already asked for a flip cam to film my daughter. lol. This is something I just discovered that I wanted ;-)
  • I'm getting the Polar F6 watch (In pink) with chest strap brand new off ebay for $59.99!
  • Great selection, one of their best watches from all the forum posts I've read on the subject, easily the most touted of all of them.
  • Thank you, BoresEasily. I have definitely done my research on HRMs. Polar I think is one of the best and definitely most affordable!
  • I'm getting the Polar F6 watch (In pink) with chest strap brand new off ebay for $59.99!
    that's an AWESOME deal! you won't regret your decision :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    I'm getting the Polar F6 watch (In pink) with chest strap brand new off ebay for $59.99!

You scored a great deal - I've never seen it that low! At the lowest I think I've seen it in the $90 neighborhood. I have the same one and really like it. It's waterproof too. :) Happy for you!
  • I just purchased it! It was $66 including shipping! I paid for it on Paypal. I pray this isn't a scam. It was listed on ebay and the person listing it had two, never been used, never opened Polar F-6 Pink HRM watches. It had 1 day left and no bids. I offered her the money so I wouldn't have to go through bidding against anybody. She has like 97-98 positive feedback and I went through and read most of her feedback and she looks legit. I guess there is buyer protection on Paypal just in case. I always get worried about being screwed over because it has happened before. She said she'll ship it to me. If this is not a scam, I am soo excited!

And I didn't realize this, but when I logged in to my Paypal account, I had $17 in my account that I didn't know I had! Whoo hoo!! Love finding money in real life or on Paypal! lol
This discussion has been closed.