Craving!!

Options
Have been really good for a month now about sweets and really bad food for you, but Lost it today can not wait until Tomorrow starts hopefully I can start over!!!

Replies

• aishatyese
    aishatyese Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's okay. Yes tomorrow is another day and you CAN start over.
  • trachnurse
    Options
    I think its something in the air! I have been bad today too, but tomorrow is another day, and I am sure getting back on track wont be too hard! Good luck, and dont feel bad about today, just be positive about tomorrow!:happy:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You can always start over! We all have those days. My thoughts are this - When you trip up, get up, brush off and continue on with the journey. Believe me when I say, been there done that more times then I care to remember.

All my best. You Can Do It!
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    What I've found that helps with cravings like sweets is finding a food that reminds you of it, but has less calories/ fat/ etc. For example, I am ADDICTED to sour candy. I eat lemons or limes as if they were oranges, and it completely satisfies my craving.

For junk food, remember you CAN occasionally indulge- just in moderation. I sometimes have a kids meal at Mcdonald's, and drink a lot of water for the rest of the day. If you feel hunger again try a large salad with veggies and fruit instead of croutons, shredded parmesan cheese (low calorie and the strong flavor means you only need a teaspoon or two), and use vinegar for the dressing or a salad spritzer (the 2 calories a spray thing- just don't go overboard on the sprays).

The same goes for indulging in sweets. Just balance out your other meals on those days to make up for the extra calories and sugars.

Good luck!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    I have had HUGE, HUGE cravings the past few weeks for ANYTHING sweet, chocolate, baked, etc...(especially baked goods like cookies, bars, pies)!!! I blame the holidays and the cold weather around here!! And...after spending today in the stores, I cannot believe how many amazing holiday treats are LOOMING EVERYWHERE. It seems like there are more than ever. I'm mostly proud of how well I "resisted" temptations today...could've been worse. But, I did blow it at the big "Taste of Sam's Event" at Sam's Club (delicious free samples everywhere).