Night/Sleep Eating

Options
Confession is good for the soul right?

Last night I woke up just before 4 am and almost in a daze ate 3 pieces of pizza from the fridge... oh it gets worse... I dipped them in tarter sauce :huh: I don't do that when I'm not watching what I eat so what the heck happened? Is there a rule anywhere about calories consumed between 3-5am don't count? I seem to remember something about that... no? Has this night binging happened to anyone else? Anyone else like tarter sauce on their pizza? :noway: Weird

Replies

• menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Oh man, glad you have the sense of humor to confess! One slip up won't ruin it all (you probably already know this :wink: )

I can't say I've ever sleep-ate and the idea worries me! My sister sleep-walks... I can't say I've ever put tartar sauce on my pizza either, but now that you've put the idea in my head, I want to try! I like weird combos of foods that sometimes turn out yummy. Fresh hot fries dipped in strawberry milk shake. Peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

Um... I'm pretty sure you weren't looking for recommendations for other foods you can sleep-eat :bigsmile: . Anyway, thank you for making me chuckle and good luck getting back on track!
  • azrubael
    azrubael Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity do you take Ambien?
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

One of my most favorite things ever!!! Add Sriracha sauce to make it even more amazing!!!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Out of curiosity do you take Ambien?

Good question, I don't but long ago I did and I sleep argued with my wife with no recollection so I threw it away and chose insomnia instead.
  • twinkletwinklemeganstar
    Options
    I've been a sleep eater as long as I can remember. I have taken benedryl, nyquil, even xanax and even trazodone, nothing keeps me asleep...in fact I got up and chugged Hawaiian Punch at 3am this morning and I hate sugary bevs. With a 7yo and 4yo I have things...things that are not green, leafy and low cal up in my fridge...one of the things I like to keep around is lite cool whip, its a go to sleep eating choice for me, better than sour cream by the spoonful, ranch dressing, cheese, I had to stop buying oreos...i'd eat a whole bag in 2 nights. I haven't found a solution...if I do i'll pass it along.
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My SO does this occasionally... gets up from bed or from a nap and immediately eats something, then goes back to sleep. It is usually a food he ordinarily likes though; once it was something pretty unappetizing like food that had been sitting out for quite a few hours and was in the process of going bad. It just happened to be in his reach from the couch so...

I don't really understand it myself. If anyone has insight please share... he doesn't take any sleep meds and seems to sleep very well usually.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who does this, sometimes in a daze, sometimes she has no memory of it and finds her kitchen a wreck in the morning (she had a thing about eating peanut butter and taking gulps of salt straight from the large box). Its weird, kind of funny (lol peanut butter hand prints on the cabinets like some kind of food zombie was in the kitchen), and kind of scary (unconsciously trying to cook things). It seems to happen when she is super stressed about something in life/work,and on a restrictive diet.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nope, unfortunately whenever I binge like I did yesterday I'm fully conscious of what I'm doing and so I have no excuses to make about why I betrayed myself lol.
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Nope, unfortunately whenever I binge like I did yesterday I'm fully conscious of what I'm doing and so I have no excuses to make about why I betrayed myself lol.

This was asking in no way to excuse myself, I wasn't sleeping it's just not something I normally do.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have done this as well. Not sure why it happens probably since you body is missing something. I usually do it on carbs since i avoid them at all costs most of the time. I don't sweat it I just pick myself up and start the new day fresh. Of course I feel ultra guilty about doing it but nothing can be done after the fact.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    yes the tartar sauce is weird but whatever floats your boat. I have woke up hungry and had something around that time. What i do is count it as what i eat for breakfast and then work the day around it. Actually i do this every once in a while and still lose weight. its the amount of calories you take in on a daily/weekly basis and not the times you eat them.