Hey everyone!!

Hey everyone, I've just joined up today. My name is Cheryl Matthews and just finishing my psychology degree. I have a massive love for animals and have loads of pets and I'm really into supernatural.

I've lost quite a lot of weight in 2 years but want to lose some more weight and become more fit and healthier. I've started to work out a lot too recently using my rowing machine and my cross trainer ( I'm too nervous to go to a gym). I also walk my dog regularly and she's an American bulldog so I really do burn a lot of calories walking her aha. I would love to make some new friends on here :smile:

Replies

• Congrats!!! Being Healthy is a Lifestyle not just a number on a scale, so awesome that you are continuing to strive for more! i just started adding rowing to my workouts and i love it!!! good luck to you!!
  • Hey ! That's awesome that you want to get healthier. I too love animals and have a huge passion for them :) don't be scared to go the gym, remember everyone started out somewhere. Welcome :)
  • BethN3101
    BethN3101 Posts: 8
    Cheryl, I am Beth. I live in Maryland. Congrats on your previous weight loss. I too strive for more.... I have 2 dogs. One is a Mutt (Australian Shepard, Koon, Lab) and a pure bread Beagle. I need to start taking the beagle on regular walks as she could stand to lose weight too!! Welcome to My Fitness Pal.. I'll be happy to add you as a friend.. It helps to stay motivated I have noticed!!!
  • CherylMatthews66
    CherylMatthews66 Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you everyone :)

Hey Beth, I accepted your friends request :) Yeah walking the dog is great, I'm usually anxious in public but when I have my dog with me it's completely different and it motivates me to keep walking, plus it's good exercise for your dog :tongue: My dog needs to lose some weight, she's getting too big herself :tongue:

Good luck with your weight loss, we'll have to encourage each other :bigsmile: