work and dieting

kjones137
kjones137 Posts: 7
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
I really want to try to eat better but at my work we either have catered lunches three out of the four days I work a week. My friend that i work with closest is skinny as a rail and can eat whatever she wants. I have gained 9 pounds since I started working there. Since quitting is not an option, how can I resist eating all the good baked goods and unhealthy foods. I'm so weak!

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    As uncomfortable as it might be, bring your own lunches. You have to see your health as a priority. Since the lunches are so frequent, you can decide that you aren't going to eat it. Maybe you could limit it to once a week? You could also ask them offer some healthier options for you. Hope it gets better! I know its probably hard.
  • mlharris
    mlharris Posts: 28 Member
    plan out your meals... only way to even start to resist the catered lunch.. and chew gum.....
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    I'm with asallen7....see if they can do a healthier luncheon. We have pot-lucks a lot where I am. I go but keep it to a small portion. Another thing I do is drink about 16oz of water just before. I find I get fuller faster.
  • I agree. You have to make You (your health) a priority. Never lose track of your goals. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Thanks everyone. I will have to start bringing my lunches.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    I know exactly how you feel. I dodged 4 days of donuts, cake, homebaked cookies and biscotti this week. It was hard but I was so happy I got through it all. I find that people now see I'm comitted to eating better they don't pressure me so much to eat the junk. I always have fruit on hand so I can snack if I feel hungry and the treats seem tempting and I chew gum a lot these days!! I feel for you having a skinny co-worker. Just stick to your plan of bringing lunches and even having 1 lunch out a week is a good idea. That's what we do at work. We only go out on Friday...good luck!
This discussion has been closed.