Hello Everyone

Options
Just drawing the line in the sand to mark the start of my weight loss plan with MFP.

My name is Andy. I'm 45 and 316 pounds. I have type 2 diabetes and I'm on tablets to reduce my blood pressure.

I live just outside Coalville, Leicestershire with my partner.

Ultimately, I just want to get my life back, without the nagging fear that its too little, too late.

If there is anyone out there who wants to get in contact so we can offer support to each other, please feel free. I'm not as miserable or creepy as this post suggests - honest.

My first goal is to try and lose a couple of stone by the end of August. Any tips would be appreciated. I'm not really one for the gym.I plan to start off with regular walking.

So it all kicks of in the morning. Wish me luck!

Replies

• graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy, welcome to MFP! Lots of folks have had great success and I wish you the same. Sending FR.

For how to get started, there's a great post here with tons of good information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy :) Nice to meet you :) Start my tracking everything, it really puts into prospective what we put into our bodies. Once you have tracking down it is easier to start making changes to our diet to help meet our calorie goals in a healthier way :) Walking is a wonderful exercise and that is how I started also. Over time as I lost weight I found the gym and classes to be fun :) Best of luck on your journey :)
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy, I'm in Australia and my diary is open to friends. I have decided not to join a gym, and currently my main exercise is walking the dogs. As I get fitter and in shape I plan to start rowing again.

I'm happy to be friends with anyone interested in getting healthy.