3 large organic free-range eggs
1/2 cup extra light olive oil or vegetable oil
3/4 cup sweet potato puree
3/4 cup organic light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free stone ground cornmeal
1 cup Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix - or your own flour mix with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and a good pinch of sea salt added
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Sea salt, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 8-inch cake pan and dust it with cornmeal.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy, and add the oil; whisk to combine. Add the sweet potato puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pie spice and whisk to combine.

In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour mix, baking powder, and sea salt.

Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter.

Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.

Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or so, until the cornbread is firm to the touch and golden. Check with a wooden pick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the cornbread is done.

Cool the cornbread in the pan- on a wire rack- for ten minutes. Remove from the pan and cool.

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Bump
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Sounds interesting, Leash- I don't like sweet potato, so I probably wouldn't like them unless they don't actually taste like sweet potatoes? :huh: