All my calories are GONE & its only noon.. Help

Options
13»

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    depends on whether or not i'm hungry later on.

i've definitely had days where i've gone to all you can eat brunch buffets, eaten all my calories and then wasnt hungry for the rest of the day.

then if i do get hungry later i'll have something light like yogurt and fruit. but really i try not to put too much value on hunger, especially if i know i've eaten my food

^^^^this...and i'd drink tons of water.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Your body adjusts to the times you eat and how much. I used to have a very fast metabolism, so fast I could not gain weight no matter what I ate or the amount. Is slowed way down due to lack of exercise "laziness" and age. Once I hit that point I had to re train my self and speed my metabolism back up. Hints the eat more frequent smaller meals. Once you do this your body does not depend on what you just ate so you burn through it faster giving you the ability to gain, maintain or lose weight depending on the route you want to take. Your body adjusts to everything.

At 27 you are blaming age for part of the reason your metabolism slowed down....

If this were the case when I started losing weight, I could not exercise and ate 1-2 meals a day but yet I lost weight and I'm a few years older than you... so I'll still with CICO it seems to be working pretty well
  • SuzieQNutter
    SuzieQNutter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes water is very very important.

However do not substitute water for food, water is to be added on with food.

I have seen some people who get into a lot of trouble when they started drinking water when they felt hunger instead of eating food, do not fall into that trap. In that situation it is possible to drink too much water and this has health warnings.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    There is some seriously nutty and bizarre advice in this thread.

Eat as you normally would for the rest of the day and tomorrow carry on as normal. One day went destroy your progress
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Chasing your losses in anything rarely works. Dust yourself off, salvage anything that can be salvaged from the day, carry on as normal, learn anything that can be learned from your slip, and start again tomorrow.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Exercise like crazy to replenish your calories or make it a weekly thing and go low the other days of the week. If you keep postponing weight loss till tomorrow, it will never happen.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Gym it up! Also, plan my day better next time
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    He said all calories gone, so let's assume he's pretty-much on target at lunch time.

Good options are either:
    1. lift weights, eat as per normal at dinner (say 500-600kcal?) essentially be at maintenance today.
    2. do cardio, burn say 500kcal, eat dinner as above, still be on target
    3. do nothing, eat dinner as above, essentially be at maintenance.

Bad options would be:
    1. Decide it's a bad day and eat another 4000kcal of junk and you'll "start again tomorrow"
    2. Give up completely
    3. (Probably, but I'm willing to concede that this may be perfectly fine:) Try to eat nothing at all for the rest of the day -- unless you have no hunger.

This is all assuming weight loss is the goal, which it may not be -- we need OP to clarify.

^I like these ideas. FYI, choosing bad option #1 several times a week over the course of 5 years is a really good way to gain 100+ lbs. lol. Wish I'd had this advice at 20. :)
  • Bijou86
    Bijou86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off... don't be so hard on yourself! Learn from your mistakes and what triggered you to eat so much if this becomes a re-occurring incident. Assuming you have no medical conditions, I would drink lots of water and if you get hungry later in the day make sure to have a healthy dinner (lots of veggies, etc.). I like to use bento boxes to hold all my food for one day since I'm a student and away from home most of the day. That way, I know exactly what I am going to eat for the whole day!