Runners

Options
Hi,

My name is Lina and I'm 27 years old and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

I'm using MFP mainly to better keep track of how I'm eating with the goal to build a stronger body and become a better runner. I'm into long distance running and I would love for any runners out there to add me but of course anyone is welcome, runner or not :)

I also hope to lose some of my extra weight and replace it with muscles!

Hope to hear from you!

Lina

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have been running for over 20 years, but was sidelined by a knee injury 2 years ago. Since then, I gained 30 pounds and I look horrible!! I am just now easing my way back into running and it feels great to be back in the saddle, but hard to start back up with all this extra weight! I am only running twice a week now and it is a combination run/walk for now.....other days I bike, swim, or do the elliptical. Anyway, feel free to add me if you'd like:)
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    just sent a request :) im currently getting ready for my first ever 10k coming up in august! I welcome new running friends too!!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Going to send a FR. I'm new to running, only started getting 'serious' the last few months. I put serious in quotes because I'm still really slow, but okay with that--I'm not out to win races, just of finish them. :tongue: Training for my first 1/2 marathon coming up in September.
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I enjoy running short or long distance and always looking to improve my pace. So far I completed two marathons and now looking to participate in a Urban or mud run soon.
  • kotzzz
    kotzzz Posts: 13
    Options
    i know the importance of weight training and i keep telling myself that i'll have to start soon, but i just get lazy and dont (lol). instead i've been stuck with running the whole time and look forward to it everyday!
    i'll send you a request :)
  • Isabel_129
    Options
    Friend request sent! :bigsmile:
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a hardcore runner but I do a couple of 5K's a week. Feel free to add.
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love running too! Adding you :)
  • jaqfisher
    jaqfisher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for a couple of years. Just re-started along with wearing a Fitbit PLUS a weekly body composition weigh in. Hoping this will do trick as post-divorce I gained 2.5st (ugh!)
    Running wise, I just completed C25K which is brilliant BTW and am now doing 5K ( quite slowly) but now I have nailed the distance, I will increase the speed.
    Just hope all the Apps & monitoring do the trick!
  • mrzdew
    mrzdew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love running!!! I run 5 miles a day at least 6 days a week ( just a year ago I was walking!!!) sent you a friend request!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've only been running for the past year and I'm not very fast but I've done a half marathon and a couple of 10k's. In Training for my next half at the moment. I'm also getting in to strength training and weights to try and make me a better runner - and I'm not dedicated enough to run every day!
    Friend request sent :-)
  • Linasrunning
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everybody! I have accepted all your friend requests and replied to each and every one of you on your wall. :) Looking forward to this!
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a runner in the loosest sense of the word only started 11days ago and never run before that so the most I manage is 2mile s at a go and even then its a mix of running and brisk walking to keep my heart rate up but im getting better feel free to add im currently in the july running group and contribute daily
  • runningforicecream
    Options
    Love running!

Run so that I can eat my ice cream everyday, run so that I won't turn into the high-strung cat of my profile photo, run so that I don't go on a rampage and kill everyone in sight (tbh, I think my killing act would be selective. Do you feel feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?)

Although I can achieve all of that without running, I doubt I will look as good doing it without running than with running. What's my point, again? Oh yeah, I love running.
  • mammahawk25
    mammahawk25 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Will send a FR. I love running, I'm absolutely no good at it, but love it anyway. Have run several 5ks and someday would like to do a half. In my wildest dreams I would entertain the idea of a marathon. I would LOVE to have more running friends so anyone else here can feel free to add me too!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Hey, logged in about 690 consecutive days so relatively active, lost 70lbs a year or so back and maintained until about 3months ago when I had surgery and put about a stone back on. I'm now back into the groove and in marathon/triathlon training so could do with extra motivation and I'll try and aid as well as I can. Throw a request if this sounds good and if not good luck :)

Yes I've copy and pasted my reply from another post I commented on, yes I'm lazy.
  • Spikethered2
    Options
    Hi, I run! Just coming back from injury(hopefully), so anyone can add me! I have done quite a few half marathons and numerous distances upto the halfs. I was training for a full when I got injured, so I have entered 2 for next year :)
  • snackmachine
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'd love to add any other runners. I'm not very fast, but I'm training for a marathon in October!
  • Kelven23
    Kelven23 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi runners please add me!
  • sparkerxoxo
    Options
    Woo runners unite!! I'm currently training for my 3rd half marathon. I'm hooked! Feel free to add me too runners!