What's Your Reward

Options
Do you reward yourself for pounds lost? Just curious... What are some ways (not involving food) you reward yourself for losing weight/reaching a goal? Ex. I plan to sign up for a pole dancing class once I've lost 10 pounds.

Replies

• yummyboogereaterr
    yummyboogereaterr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do! When I reach my short term goal (which has taken much longer than anticipated :/ ) I'm going to reward myself with a Garmin Forerunner 220 gps watch so I can use it during mud runs. Only ten more pounds...
  • shannishan05
    shannishan05 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @yummyboogerea That's awesome! You'll have that gps before you know it!!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    nice gym clothes
  • yummyboogereaterr
    yummyboogereaterr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @yummyboogerea That's awesome! You'll have that gps before you know it!!

Thank you! Pole dancing classes sound awesome, I wish they were offered where I live.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I got some higher end beauty products when I hit certain mini goals. My ultimate goal reward, aside from better health, is a trip to the salon for a color/cut
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    No. Feeling better and being happier is all the reward I need.

Edit: And don't wait to do pole! Sign up now! NOW NOW NOW! :D
  • shannishan05
    Options
    Make up is always puts a smile on my face! Duh! Didn't think about rewarding myself with Mac!!! Good idea!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid reader. I get a new book every 10 pounds. :)
  • shannishan05
    Options
    No. Feeling better and being happier is all the reward I need.

Edit: And don't wait to do pole! Sign up now! NOW NOW NOW! :D

Sadly... That's not enough to keep me going...although it should be. Lol
  • shannishan05
    Options
    You all are giving me great ideas! Thanks!!!
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Shoes - these ones. Burgundy patent leather with an 11cm heel and the bonus is they're comfortable too.

8935489404958_zpsc52b29b5.jpg
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Pole dancing sounds fun! Great idea. I think I'll have to wait until I reach about 160 for that for fear I'd break the damn pole. :) lol! At 80lbs lost my honey bought me a fitbit force. :) When I reach 100 (any. stinkin. day. now.) I am buying a new dress. Once I reach 150 I'm gettin' me a fancy shmancy new bicycle.
  • TLIGHTFULL
    TLIGHTFULL Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    New makeup and mani/pedi and a date night with carbs! :drinker:
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    08/15/13 - Goal 1: 275 - Confidence!!!
    11/03/13 - Goal 2: 250 - Money for My Truck!
    01/20/14 - Goal 3: 225 - 5 lbs from passing aunt!
    05/04/14 - Goal 4: 200 - Horseback Riding?
    Current 07/19/14 - 190.8
    Goal 5: 175 - On par with my uncle!
    * Lost what gram weighs, too!
    Goal 6: 150 - Tattoo!
    Final Goal: ~145 lbs
    Special Goal: 120-125lbs
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I look at the mirror and stare right at it every single day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I do not need to give myself prizes for taking care of myself. Besides the fact that I'm not six years old, I have two reasons for not doing this. If I buy myself something, that's coming out of my own money, so really that is not a prize. I also believe that I am a worth and important person. I work hard for my money. If I really want something and I have earned the money, I buy it.

Over the long term, I take care of my food and exercise (and sleep) because I want to be healthy, energetic and long-lived. Extrinsic rewards are not very beneficial.
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with a song per lb lost on my amazon account. I'm celebrating little victories. Also I've had my eye on a pair of shoes for a while now that I'll be getting for my short term goal. I have a pair of hiking boots I want for my second short term goal. I haven't really thought about a long term goal reward yet. I think general overall health along with a great figure is my reward there, but who knows maybe I'll do something for the big goal. Oooo just thought of one; I've really been wanting a kayak maybe I'll get myself that. I have lots of weight to go so I might quit buying music and just stuff a dollar a lb in a jar towards my big goal....
  • shannishan05
    Options
    Rewards aren't for everyone... Understandable... For me, however, they are imperative! They serve as an added boost...a bonus to keep me going. Changing your life style and losing weight is hard and hard work should be rewarded. S/n: I think for everyone on MFP the ultimate goal is overall improved health and creating a healthy lifestyle. That's kind of a given. Honestly, if you don't use rewards there's really no need to reply. Just my two cents... Not trying to start anything.
  • shannishan05
    Options
    I reward myself with a song per lb lost on my amazon account. I'm celebrating little victories. Also I've had my eye on a pair of shoes for a while now that I'll be getting for my short term goal. I have a pair of hiking boots I want for my second short term goal. I haven't really thought about a long term goal reward yet. I think general overall health along with a great figure is my reward there, but who knows maybe I'll do something for the big goal. Oooo just thought of one; I've really been wanting a kayak maybe I'll get myself that. I have lots of weight to go so I might quit buying music and just stuff a dollar a lb in a jar towards my big goal....

I love the music idea, as well as, saving money for a big goal!!! Probably gonna steal these... Lol
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on buying some makeup once I reach my halfway point. I'm also planning on getting new clothes at the end of the summer after I have lost more weight.