40 lbs lost

Options
2»

Replies

• bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did you get the surgery? You look great!
  • xlollipunk
    xlollipunk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yes I did.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look great!! How do you feel?? :love:

Well done!
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, a friend of mine had bariatric surgery about 10 years ago and had a horrific recovery that required additional surgery. She did lose a lot of weight, but has regained it all and then some. When you don't learn to have a healthy relationship with food, you find a way to overeat regardless if you have the surgery or not. Sadly, my friend has never learned to deal with her emotional eating and she spent a lot of money and went through a lot of pain thinking the surgery was the be all and end all.

I think this was the worst response of all. Because if her friend had a bad experience and regained the weight then everyone's going to, right? Or at least everyone should go into surgery thinking about her friend's complications ... BTW good luck! LOL

You look awesome. Well done on making the huge changes you needed to for your health and happiness. There's not many things in life we are truly in charge of, and taking control of our health and the way our bodies look is a huge challenge with great rewards for the determined.

Love your work
    x
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    you are doing great, but my thought is if you could lose 40 lbs in 6 months, you don't NEED bariatric surgery...just keep doing what your doing...and don't stop. there's no end to this with any of us.

Best of luck to you.:drinker:

I was thinking the same thing; HOWEVER, I know this is a very personal choice and one you've likely put a lot of thought into, so best of luck! Don't forget to come back and post the after pics!

Agree with both. Good luck!
  • reneemerr
    reneemerr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring, 40lbs is my goal before I turn 40 in Feb. Thanks for your fight!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Progress pic - 67 lbs lost total. 68bgar.jpg

You look great, and you look happy. You had the right mindset going in. Sounded like you knew it was not an easy path to take.
    I'm glad that the choice you made for yourself was right for you.

Congratulations and keep up the good work at maintaining the successful path you are on.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are doing great........good luck to you on whatever decision you make.......surgery or not.....I know you will be a success.........please feel free to add me as a friend .............best of luck.
  • xlollipunk
    Options
    Thank you for all of the positive responses. I do feel great. I did have the surgery, and with very little complication. It has truly helped me. Exercise and calorie restriction has never really been a problem for me since I began this lifestyle change, however eating the right things has always been a problem.

Choosing surgery has truly helped me to make real diet changes. I have a lot of restrictions in terms of what I can/cannot eat. I absolutely cannot anything with sugar unless under 10g because of the risk of dumping syndrome. I cannot have high fat, nor can I eat much for carbohydrates. Because I don't have much room in my stomach, I have to be very conscious about what I'm filling my small pouch with. I can't waste the small amount of space I have on breads which fill you up very quickly.

This has had me in search of many new low carb, low fat, high protein recipes and I have begun to find new things that I like. I allow myself to indulge on no sugar added ice cream from time to time. I don't believe in being perfect all of the time :) - I don't think you can be.

The surgery has helped me through times of weakness due to the fact that even if I do eat something that isn't very healthy (maybe some pizza), I can't eat very much anyway. The hardest part is wanting to overeat, but knowing you will pay dearly if you do. It makes you feel really disgusting! Induldging in what I eat from time to time is allowable, but I am never allowed to overeat. I still mentally want to overeat and feel the sickly satisfaction of being too full. Those mental obstacles can be very hard to overcome without the surgery.
  • TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Edited because you've already had the surgery. I hope that you continue to be successful and keep the weight off. I also hope that there is some ongoing counseling involved to determine why you have a disordered approach to eating and food. (I do, too.)
  • xlollipunk
    Options
    Update: I have now lost 106 lbs. Feeling so great. It's definitely become a struggle since I am now able to eat enough to overeat again. I'm 20 lbs from my goal. I'm finding that it's really hard to lose these last 20 lbs, but either way I look and feel great. I just got married in September and have since gained 5 lbs! I'm a little mad, but I got too comfortable since I haven't been working toward a wedding and it's been negative 51452452 degrees outside. I'm back to tracking my food and being good.

Here's a progress pic. Me at 111 lbs lost. 8xrr4lkjt6gs.jpg
    tiuc9bcrwzwh.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!