homemade peanut butter calories

Itskaleena
Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
So homemade peanut butter ( just pea nuts) is only 116 calories for 2T according to a couple sites. i hope that's true cause I just made some for tonight. Just about a 1/3 cup peanuts and some water. how many calories would it actually be?

Replies

• Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Weigh your peanuts before you add the water and it will be super easy to tell how many calories are in your finished product.
  • Itskaleena
    Weigh your peanuts before you add the water and it will be super easy to tell how many calories are in your finished product.

I don't own a food scale but thanks.!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    So homemade peanut butter ( just pea nuts) is only 116 calories for 2T according to a couple sites. i hope that's true cause I just made some for tonight. Just about a 1/3 cup peanuts and some water. how many calories would it actually be?

Well, according to the USDA, 1 cup of peanuts has 828 calories, so that would put your entire recipe at 276 calories.

Most natural peanut butters that only contain peanuts and salt are around 210 calories for 2TBSP.

Definitely pick up a food scale if you can. It will make your logging much more accurate!
  • Itskaleena

Well, according to the USDA, 1 cup of peanuts has 828 calories, so that would put your entire recipe at 276 calories.

Most natural peanut butters that only contain peanuts and salt are around 210 calories for 2TBSP.

Definitely pick up a food scale if you can. It will make your logging much more accurate!

Thanks!