Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

calorie intake and ed recovery so confused

Ok so im kinda confused. Like they say its normal for young women to be netting 2500-3000 calories a day and especially for a 20yr old 5'4 recovering from anorexia, I should be eating that range too. I'm really active so it's more apparently. I know my body craves the increased food because I'm feeling my hunger signals return and it just calls for food. I used to be able to ignore it but now I guess I'm just giving in to my body... This makes me so stressead, like I feel guilty or a gluttony for eating beyond what I planned -.-

But Its as though when I eat more my body is "relieved" . Literally I feel it relaxing because it gets nourished.... Even if its an unhealthy chocolate bar. I increased my oatmeal oft breakfast, even threw in an apple. Had sweet potato bake for lunch...But an hour later I was still hungry and endedup eating two nut bars and a choc quest bar.

I can't get over this mentality of needing to eat so much. Or is it even a lot? Its q constant battle with my brain coz I feel so guilty and anxious. My body wants all this high fat **** because I've deprived it of fat for so long but this is just crazy. What if I reach my restored weight but continue to overeat or I will just never settle at the 3 meal/ 2 snacks day....what if I never eat normally" -.-

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    You're doing the right thing. You're body will thank you when you're older, i promise! Think of all the years of damage you are undoing, but conquering your disorder now, before it's too late :)

Are u confused about what your TDEE is? How many calories you should be eating? If you know the correct number, than you won't have to feel guilty any longer for gluttony Or over eating. Because you will only be eating what your body needs, there's no guilt!

Send me a message if you want me to help you more. Good job for deciding to take this step of taking care of yourself!