Ankle Pain

blel0906
blel0906 Posts: 89
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Not sure if its my shoes or something else...I walk every night I have a pair of Avia's...My ankles get sore every night and really stiff the next day..If i push it they swell..Not just one but both...my knee's sometimes get sore but nothing like my ankles.

About 9 years ago I had joined Curves..went once...my ankles were seriously messed up to the point I could barely walk...so I went to Dr who claimed I just hyperextended them (both??) Thats what this feels like only just not quite as bad...

I had hoped once I got going for awhille the problem might go away...its not!

Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this or recommendations for a good walking shoe to try?

Replies

• randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Shoes are key! I used to almost immediately get knee pain, shin splints and ankle pain after just low to moderate activity but then I bothered to spend a little cash on a good pair of sneakers and my problems were seriously diminished. Know what kind of foot you have and that will help you decide what kind of shoe to get. I am a severe overprotanor with nearly flat feet so I use the Asic GT 2150 and Etonic Minado 3 for running/walking and they're pretty awesome at making things not hurt nearly as much.

I'd get a good pair of shoes if walking is your thing, but I still wouldn't push it. It sounds like you might have weak ankles, so I'd recommend some stationay biking or something that takes the pressure off your ankles for a while but can still get your heart rate going and body moving.
This discussion has been closed.