hi

mkirby
mkirby Posts: 30 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
My name is mark and im obese (according to my BMI anyway). Im 5 ft 11 and currently weigh in at 99.6KG, i used to be 83KG. A new job with a month working away from home soon put the weight back on.

I also seemed to lose all enthusiasm for my cycling which didnt really help matters. Overall im trying to get down to around 70 KG but had a nasty crash on my bike 2 weeks ago which has left me badly bruised on my back. So i was in too much pain to exercise. Yesterday i managed 35 mins on the bike trainer so im really happy with that.

Just have to kick the 3 o'clock vending machine habit and i should start to see some improvement.

Just wanted to say hi as having tried to lose weight for the last 4 years i know how hard it is without any support.

Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• DeanaMarshall
    DeanaMarshall Posts: 22 Member
    Good for you- it sounds like you are really dedicated. Just a tip to ditch the 3 o'clock trip to the vending machine: pack a snack of an apple and peanut butter. It travels well, the peanut butter has good fats, the apple is good for you and the skin has fiber in it that will curb your hunger, and it tastes good. Another good snack that you can even keep at your desk: almonds, Special K bars (only 90 calories and they are really good), and baby carrots if your office has a fridge. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.