Any Other National Guard Wives?

Options
Hi!

My husband is in the Army National Guard and I was wondering if there were any other National Guard wives on this site. We have a 9 month old son and my husband is set to deploy next year. I'm trying to meet my weight loss goals before he leaves and keep the weight off while he's gone.

Replies

• KPagels
    Options
    My husband is Active Duty in the Army :). He is deployed right now. I am losing weight while he is gone. :D
  • sltx1002
    sltx1002 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My husband is full-time guard. He'll be deploying next year, too. We have a 15 yr old, 3 yr old and a 2 month old. :)
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, my husband just joined the guards. Very late too!(35yrs) He is in basic training right now. I miss him so much, we've only been married for 3yrs. I decided that while he was gone I would really start getting in better shape. I started before my hubby left and have worked pretty hard. Lost 18lbs while he's been gone. I'm hoping for another 10lbs before he comes home Dec 17th. Of course this is only a 10 day visit the he's off to AIT or MOS whatever you call it. He'll be gone for 3 more months. Trying to lose another 25lbs by then. I take zumba class every tuesday and as many saturdays as I can. I work every third weekend. I try to take a kickboxing class on wednesdays but only made it to 1 so far. working late lately. I walk dog for 1.5 hours wed night and ride recumbant bike for 45-60mins every other night. I also eat better or at least smaller portions each day. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like
  • irishchica326
    irishchica326 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there are other military spouses on here! Good luck to each of you!