40 hour famine

Options
GummyBears7779
GummyBears7779 Posts: 35 Member
Anyone else doing the forty hour famine? Trying it out for the first time this year and hopefully i can make it through the entire forty hours without food. If you're willing to give up something, sign up and ask for donations...i mean thats forty hours worth of calories we can eat in icecream later XP

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    For the love of all things holy. I hope this is a troll post.

First: Your body needs nutrition EVERY day. Most people recommend never going below 1200 cals. Of course, you said not eating. You never said anything about drinking calorie laden drinks....

Second: you're an idiot for trying to go 40 days without calories/food (again, assuming you will only be consuming water/no liquid calories).

Third: you'll starve to death in approximately 3 months and die of dehydration in approximately 3 days (assuming you're not drinking while you're not eating...)

Fourth: All hail! Father Darwin!
  • GMNewport
    GMNewport Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you ever considered reading the whole thing before commenting? 40 HOURS not DAYS!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Deleted because I may get myself banned otherwise
  • pssidhu
    pssidhu Posts: 1
    Options

First: Your body needs nutrition EVERY day. Most people recommend never going below 1200 cals.

Second: you're an idiot for trying to go 40 days without food.

Third: you'll starve to death in approximately 3 months and die of dehydration in approximately 3 days (assuming you're not eating while you're not drinking...)

You clearly didn't read the post properly since:

a) How did you mistake forty HOURS for forty days?

and

b) The forty hour famine has been around for a LONG time. I suggest looking it up.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

First: Your body needs nutrition EVERY day. Most people recommend never going below 1200 cals.

Second: you're an idiot for trying to go 40 days without food.

Third: you'll starve to death in approximately 3 months and die of dehydration in approximately 3 days (assuming you're not eating while you're not drinking...)

You clearly didn't read the post properly since:

a) How did you mistake forty HOURS for forty days?

and

b) The forty hour famine has been around for a LONG time. I suggest looking it up.
    Alright, then, I REALLY need to go to bed. I read it twice and still saw "Days"
    Carry on. and MANY apologies.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Where do i sign up... I have been thinking it would be a good thing to fast... and was going to do it for one day...but if there is a challenge i'm more then willing to give it a try......

....... when do we start....^^
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Me thinks the 40 hour fast will be followed by the 40 minute gorging oneself with food undoing all of the pain spent depriving oneself for that time frame.

Not for me. Its a pass...but good luck with it.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @Go_Mizzou: That is not necessarly true...and while fasting should not be used as a method to lose weight it can help some people see that they can control their eating habits... that food is not in control of their bodies

The ability to say No to food is a very important skill in learning to over coming bad eating habits... and as long as the people keep the right mindset... and are generally healthy...fasting for one or two days is not going to hurt anything... and if you can believe the website WebMD it can actually help...

--ms
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Why?

40 hour famine is a religious fast. It's not for dieting purposes.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Why?

40 hour famine is a religious fast. It's not for dieting purposes.
    Came here to make sure ^^this was said. It's a fast that benefits a religious charity. I have participated in the past, but don't really like the premise of "seeing what it's like to live with famine". Knowing there's food coming at the end of 40 hours doesn't bring any reality home to me. I just checked their website, and it looks like they've changed their angle somewhat. Still, 40 hours is no great sacrifice.

Anyway, I still think it's a nice thing these folks doing. And the charity they do it for is excellent.