Chicken thighs? Treat? Or actually beneficial

Options
2»

Replies

• peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you are a careful shopper, you can find really good deals on chicken thighs. Last week, I got a buy one, get one free. I like them boneless, skinless and more flavorful that chicken breasts. Also, I trim all that yellow fat off the thigh. My favorite way to fix them (6) is sprinkle with creole seasoning and brown them in a tsp of coconut oil. Place in a covered casserole, deglaze the pan with a little wine or ff chicken stock and add tsp chopped garlic and 1/4 c of Ken's lite Asian, Sesame, Ginger dressing. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Serve with brown rice with chopped fresh pineapple.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just had some boneless skinless thighs for dinner...cooked 'em in the crockpot with salsa, ate them over a bed of lettuce with some corn and light salsa ranch dressing. Yum!!!
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    This is the way you weight loss..

Its how its cooked..you must have flavor that stimulates lipolytic enzymes to work with you not against you..These are the real work horses of unwanted body fat..

The cooking is the key so the body has the opportunity to absorb plenty of food energy..

Calories.. causes all the habub

thats where all the argument and conflict occurs..

Chicken Thighs are a whole food protein.. legitimate to eat anywhere you are on the CICO plan..
    The skin unless you are eating it 365 times a year wont make bit a of difference..

If you charted it most people dont eat thighs with skin 200 days a year..
    5 times month is like a blip

use thighs with mango chutney or couscous teriyaki..

flavor all the way high in food energy low in over all calories = happy lipolytic enzymes and unwanted body fat.. gone

Dances with Life force

Im on board with this recipe..

If you are a careful shopper, you can find really good deals on chicken thighs. Last week, I got a buy one, get one free. I like them boneless, skinless and more flavorful that chicken breasts. Also, I trim all that yellow fat off the thigh. My favorite way to fix them (6) is sprinkle with creole seasoning and brown them in a tsp of coconut oil. Place in a covered casserole, deglaze the pan with a little wine or ff chicken stock and add tsp chopped garlic and 1/4 c of Ken's lite Asian, Sesame, Ginger dressing. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Serve with brown rice with chopped fresh pineapple.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    A chicken thigh is ~ 13 calories/gram of protein.
    A chicken breast is ~8-9 calories/gram of protein.

I would rather eat chicken breasts and spend the saved calories on beer.
  • ketoambahh
    ketoambahh Posts: 67
    Options
    There isn't too much of a difference nutritionally between thighs and breast. It all depends on what you think tastes better to you.

I like thighs though. They fit my macros better since chicken breast doesn't have a lot of fat but DOES have a lot of protein. I'd rather have it the other way around.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like to go for dark meat because I prefer the flavor, I can easily fit it into my day, and I get an extra boost of iron (I'm borderline anemic) into my regimen.