Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

normal weight after ed

i suffer with anorexia and am really trying to recover (not easy) but i worrie if i up my intake of food to gain weight once i reach a healthy weight i wont be able to stop gaining or reduce my intake to maintain.
also worried all the weight will go to my stomach area i still want to be healthy and toned confussed :sad:

Replies

• As a person recovered from Ana I just have to say that don't be afraid to gain. Your body will level out at the weight it feels most comfortable with, and yes this is sometimes higher than you would like. I' was originally 95 pounds at 5 foot 7 and I thought once I gained back to 115 ( even the thought of gaining 20 pounds scared me to death) I'd be fine. But once I got to 115 I kept on gaining and it's been 2 years and I'm maintains at 145. I never imagined I'd go this high, but I know I'm not fat. I'm healthy and my body loves this weight. I have a little curves but I also have lean muscle and more energy than I ever had. I feel nourished and happy. I went from an extra small to a medium but now I look great in clothes and don't have to worry about hiding my body in baggy clothing. Do yourself the favor and start to gain now because you will save yourself the risk of osteoporosis and other complications of Ed. Everyone is different but I feel although personally my journey was really hard for me mentally, ultimately it reinforced the idea that our bodies are pretty amazing and that sometimes we just need to trust them. Eat healthy, never go hungry, and your body will handle the rest! Don't make the same mistakes I did, and start the journey now. Life is too short not to!
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    I've been recovering from an ED since March. I'm 5'6, and was 97 pounds. When I first started eating I binged all the time and I was terrified I was going to get fat! Now it's July and I weigh 114 pounds and I have almost completely stopped binging and gaining (I was small before my ED as well). So don't worry. You won't get fat. Your body knows what size it should be.

And congrats on recovery! :) Message me if you ever want to talk!