My First 5K!!!

GreenieBean
GreenieBean Posts: 64
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got home from my first 5K race!! I am so excited I had to share :happy: I didn't get in as much training as I wanted since I got sick a week before my race but I had a good time for me! 34 minutes which I am proud of. I can't wait to do another one and beat my time!!

Replies

• lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Congratulations! And a pretty darn good time as well! Think of what you could do when you don't spend the week before the race feeling unwell. Good going -- you're awesome!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    That is a great time! Good for you! I bet you will sign up for another race any day now! :)
  • That is brilliant! I was wondering, was it a 5k race, or parkrun? Because parkrun is a 5k race, every saturday, and all you need to do is register. I run every saturday, and it is a brilliant atmosphere! you should have a look on the website, and see if there is one near you:) www.parkrun.org.uk

Good luck with achieving your goals,

Sophie x
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    GREAT job!! That is awesome!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: YAY YOU! Great work - you must feel like a million bucks!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    that's great!! congrats!!! my first 5K is in December!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Congrats...I'm doing my first one here...Dec 12, The Jingle Bell run. I hope I do well : )
  • dwyadygwyad
    dwyadygwyad Posts: 46 Member
    I'm doing the Jingle Bell run too!! I signed up totally impulsively as I haven't trained at all! But I figured its not so far, and even if I walk the whole thing it will be good exercise. Im doing a free week membership at a gym this week- its so dark all the time these days. Ran 3.1 tonight, but walked 3 times.

I've "ran" my whole life (oh, the metaphors) no, I have run my whole life, but vveeerrryy inconsistently, and usually only for a mile or 2, with 1 or 2 walks within that. I ran a 5k 2 years ago, without training and I ran it in 46 minutes, which really is a walking speed. I completely crumbled- I walked most of it.

So, was planning on keeping the fact that I was running it a secret so I didn't have to run in front of my friends! I know, sad but true. But when when friend mentioned she was running it the other night, i excitedly blurted out, "ME TOO!". Oh well! All part of the process right? She's not a runner but way faster than I am. I find when I run with other people my energy goes towards "sucking it in" rather than breathing, which is exhausting. I think I'll just run behind her with some headphones and it will be all good. :)

It will be fine. It's my former worst nightmare- but I know now that... well, people know how fat you are, even if you don't run in front of them! So you may as well get it over with.

its gunna be COLD, huh? = that will be good, better than summer, last time I ran. BUT IM TERRIFIED OF THOSE HILLS!! Plus, did you see we have to wear bells on our feet? Oy.... :) Lots of luck to you!! Let me know how you do!
This discussion has been closed.