Favorite low-cal breakfast cereals?

Options
Hot or cold cereals that are low in calories (120 or lower)? I have been eating cheerios and I love that they are low in calories, but I'm getting tired of just cheerios, even the different types. I thought about trying Fiber One 80 cal. cereals. Any other cereals that you guys like that are filling and low cal?

Replies

• jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    Breakfast for me varies every day, as if I was to eat the same thing every day I would get bored.

For example, today I had a banana, which gave me enough energy to go for a swim, visit family and I was still full when it came to lunch (and it's around 92cal). Other days I will have Bran Flakes with some blueberries or raisins, or a simple Special K cereal bar...
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating cereal for breakfast, it has to be one that's high in protein. Otherwise, it doesn't keep me full and makes it tough for me to reach my protein goal for the day. I like Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Graham. A 1 cup 170 calorie serving has 11g of protein. Low calorie isn't always best--it's what you get for the number of calories.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I think cereal servings are normalized --- browsing the aisle one day I pulled like 20 boxes at random, and it seemed they were all 120-180ish per serving size ... most were 1/2 cup IIRC.

Anyway, best low cal breakfast is no breakfast. :) Try intermittent fasting. :D
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my favorite low cal cereal is puffed kamut... no added garbage and only 50-60 cals per cup
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You can make any cereal less than 120 calories by controlling the serving size. :wink:

The only two cereals I ever buy are Old Fashioned Quaker Oats and Kashi Go Lean.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The only cereal I eat is Kashi cereal. My favorite is Kashi GOLEAN Crisp! Toasted Berry Crumble.

https://www.kashi.com/our-foods/cold-cereal/kashi-golean-crisp-toasted-berry-crumble-cereal

180 calories for 3/4 cup (51 g).
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I eat cereal, I love Barbara's Cinnamon Puffins. 1 serving (2/3 cup or 30g) has 90 calories and 6g of dietary fiber. I also like a lot of the Kashi cereals. I especially like the GOLEAN Crisp! Cinnamon.

Why, yes, I really like cinnamon. :smile:
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Have you ever consider just quick oats? With a medium chain triglyceride (MCT) Like Captri...by Parrillo Peformance in Ohio

1 tspn will provide the food energy needed with out killing your appetite surrounding calories..
    Also if you are not a vegetarian.. Your pilot meal would be more complete for your goal and lipolytic enzyme count if you had whole food protein along with your cherrios..

Carbs in the absence of whole food protein or at the very least adjunct proteins blunt hormone function and potency..especially in women. doing so with calories only cost you down the line. Food energy is the key to managing intake

CICO the way it operates has way to many glitches. Cherrioes almond milk, cherrios soy milk, cherrios cows milk..all result in three differing hormone secretion results.

Try plain cherrios sunflower seeds walnuts or pumpkin seeds - adjunct protein and texture
    or cherrios w oat bran in a vanilla yogurt and walnuts - adjunct protein and flavor
    cherrios sprinkled over hot porridge almonds and soy milk -

high octane hormone re-energizer and metabolic balancer with super low calories you do not have to worry about

Just sayin..

Dances with wow
    life force increases the functionality of life itself
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Raisin bran crunch
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    Have you ever consider just quick oats? With a medium chain triglyceride (MCT) Like Captri...by Parrillo Peformance in Ohio

1 tspn will provide the food energy needed with out killing your appetite surrounding calories..
    Also if you are not a vegetarian.. Your pilot meal would be more complete for your goal and lipolytic enzyme count if you had whole food protein along with your cherrios..

Carbs in the absence of whole food protein or at the very least adjunct proteins blunt hormone function and potency..especially in women. doing so with calories only cost you down the line. Food energy is the key to managing intake

CICO the way it operates has way to many glitches. Cherrioes almond milk, cherrios soy milk, cherrios cows milk..all result in three differing hormone secretion results.

Try plain cherrios sunflower seeds walnuts or pumpkin seeds - adjunct protein and texture
    or cherrios w oat bran in a vanilla yogurt and walnuts - adjunct protein and flavor
    cherrios sprinkled over hot porridge almonds and soy milk -

high octane hormone re-energizer and metabolic balancer with super low calories you do not have to worry about

Just sayin..

Dances with wow
    life force increases the functionality of life itself

I'm really not sure what this means lol All I got out of it was add protein? Maybe? Am I right? I will sometimes have nuts as a snack, though. But yeah...I like a low-cal breakfast and 3-400 cal. lunch and save most of my calories for dinner. I understand I can control the calories by the serving size but I like to have at least the serving size...usually a serving size of cereal is horrifically small. 3/4 cup of my fruity cheerios is 100 cal. So I can't really eat any smaller of a serving than that. Just interested in what you guys like. I would just shop around on the calories, but I don't want to look like a mad woman spending 20 minutes in the cereal aisle observing calories and trying to determine my best serving size for the lowest calories.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I started buying 100cal cereal like cheerios and rice krispies but discovered the higher calorie cereals are so much better. Just eat less kashi, granola or othef 200cal cerial. Try it you'll like it...
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you considered instant porridge? 100 cals for a sachet and with almond milk you can make it around 140 cals for the whole breakfast. :smile:
  • laceynwilliams
    laceynwilliams Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    High five, @grubb1019! Another vote for raisin bran crunch here. The blueberry-pecan cereal from Costco is also really good. I work from home and usually have cereal for lunch.
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Right now, regular Life. Mikey likes it!!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love kashi, but for low-calorie situations puffed corn, puffed kamut, puffed rice.

60 cal / cup.
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    Thanks every one! I absolutely LOVE Raisin Bran Crunch but the sugar content is outrageous, as well as the calories. 190 calories for 3/4 cup? I'll pass.

I think I'm gonna go for Fiber One 80 cal. cereal or Kashi. I do love Kashi.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Kashi Go-Lean.....such yummy stuff. It's great as a topping for some yogurt, or as a bowl of cereal with your milk of choice. (no bro science allowed....use the one you like best.) I'm also a big oatmeal lover. Trader Joe has some frozen steel cut oats and quinoa cereal that microwaves quickly, is low cal, and tastes really great.
  • RachelCane
    RachelCane Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    the original special K cereal is good