Any HRM deals you aware of ??

bosanka
bosanka Posts: 336 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm interested in p urchasing a HRM- as it looks like - Polar F6 is very common here .. so i think i should go with that one ..

are there any deals going on now ? what is the best place/ price to buy it at ? Black Friday ? anything ?

As everyone else i'd like to save some $$ and not just go out and buy it - would like to hear some tips and advice :)

Thank you

Replies

• Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    I was wondering the same thing!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    I was just reading on line and it says that this model is with the chest strep- i didn't know that.. somehow that puts me off.. are they
    complicated to use ? and - is it " annoying " am a person that gets easily bugged ..and annoyed.. so will it be in my way while i'm working out ? do i have to keep adjusting it .. i don't know .. i thought this is without the chest thing.. ??
  • Personally, I prefer the chest strap because it's much more accurate. I haven't checked yet, but try some of the Black Friday ads sites:

www.bfads.com
    www.blackfridayads.com

are the 2 I've been using.
  • I'd like to get an HRM too....but have no clue where to begin....
  • cmsdives: Are you hooking horns in your photo?
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    You really do want the chest strap, its much more accurate! I have the Polar FT7 and I love it. The chest strap never gets in my way and I actually forget I'm wearing it after awhile. It usually fits right under my sports bra band and stays in place.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 as well and the cheststrap does not bother me! ANd its pretty accurate.

PS i got mine at "durhams sport store" for 89.99
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I have the F6 and love it, but after a few years and a battery change (in the watch section) it appears to be giving up on life, so I just purchased the FT40 - which is supposed to be the replacement model for F11, which I had wanted as a replacement for the F6 in the first place. (If you understood that, more power to you!)

I had asked on here about help 2 days ago but received none. I went to the WW community fitness board and found more info, without even asking a direct question. Then, on doing searches, read that the FT7 wasn't quite accurate on calories, so decided to do the FT40. Granted, I only skimmed the reviews but that's what I saw, at least.

We shall see....
  • i got my polar f6 on ebay. just yesterday an MFP'er found a pink one for $59.99 there. THAT'S a good deal!

chest straps are more accurate and mine doesn't bother me at all.
  • Here's one that ends in just over an hour. it's pink. currently at $48 with free shipping. A STEAL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polar-F6-Heart-Rate-Mointor-Pink-Gently-Used-/320612666295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa6010bb7#ht_500wt_1156
This discussion has been closed.