Body recovery question

Options
Okay so I have a question on how to build my exercise schedule.

For example let's say I did one day where I went on a 8 mile walk, is if okay if I do something like ab exercises to that day or is that pushing it? Then the next day I do some lifting, should I avoid walking/biking that day as well to give those previous muscles time to recover? Also if I am lifting should I give a day between for recovery?

One final question, does is matter what time of the day I workout? For example if I come home from work and it's already 6pm would that be less effective than another time?

Replies

• Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fine to do cardio and strength training in the same day. In fact, if you didn't do them in the same day at least a couple of times a week, you wouldn't be able to get 3-4 days of strength training and 5-6 days of cardio in in the same week. However, I don't recommend doing strength training right before a cardio activity, especially an intense cardio activity. I tried that one day - did my strength training and then immediately started my lap swim and it was all I could do to raise my arms out of the water. So, I recommend doing the cardio first and then the strength training. But really, as long as you feel up to it, you can do it however you like. Just be sure to take a day or two a week to rest when you're sore.

I have no idea about your second question. I've heard people debate back and forth which type of exercise is more effective at which time of the day.
  • jj191
    jj191 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks you covered it all for me!