Hey red
    Im gone for the day
    I will be looking forward to hearing how your doing
    ttyl (talk to you later)
    gina (raelenes sis)
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've cut back my protein portions to the size of my palm for lunch and dinner, but otherwise I eat a lot more now than I ever did, trying to get in all the calories for my day on my food tracking. Just by drinking my eight glasses of water a day and tracking everything I eat, I've lost 8 pounds in a week and 1/2! It's dropping a lot faster than I expected but I'm not complaining! Also getting in 30 minutes of walking a day consistently.
  • redalee
    Options
    Bye Gina and Raelene!
  • RAELENE67
    Options
    RED!!!! omgosh I am soooo interested in how your doing this!!! U mean to tell me you have lost 8 pounds in less then 2 weeks????? Ok, palm sized protein and lots of water... not difficult for me...what else are you doing, and what do you mean your eating more then you ever did??? do share!!!!! lol were desperate over here! :) U are my new mentor...

Hope to hear back soon!!!

Gina, if you are reading this then I say jump on the Redalee wagon wit me! lol
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm glad you both joined also. It's nice to have family and friends support. My co-worker Angela told me about the site and since joining on 10/22...I absolutely LOVE it!! She "ROCKS" for telling me about it!

GL (good luck) on your weight loss quest ladies.

TTYL,
    Naj
  • rraitt
    rraitt Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi najah
    first of all I LOVE YOUR NAME .... its so pretty. You are such an inspiration to this web site. my sister and I love your attitude!!! keep it up. It is so nice to have people you love, like, ect. to go on this journey with. I came across this place strictly by accidet. searching for a calorie counter.. hahaha I found so much more. I love the advice. Hows your wt loss going when did you start? Hope you dont mind me asking I like to hear the success stories it motivates me....
    have a good day
    ttyl (talk to you later)
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Hi RRAIT!
    Thanks...my name means success...I def need to LIVE up to it on my quest in weight loss. Your sis and yourself seem like pretty cool people. And you DEF seem like you're great to talk to. I joined on 10/22 and thus far...I'm not too sure how much I've lost yet. I'm kind of anxious! I plan on weighing myself tomorrow morning. I have a pretty big goal set for myself...my "all time" goal has always been to be 150 lbs. I know with your added support and everyone else's...I will def reach that goal.

I'm a total workout "FREAK"! If I could be in the gym everyday...girl..I def would! I get SO obsessed sometimes...I would workout 3 times in one day...that is...if I had the time to do it. I have two kids...and between work and taking care of them...I gotta try and find the time to do EVERYTHING that needs to be done. I have a little advantage though, both my son and my daugther love doing the BL (Biggest Loser) dvd's w/ me at home.

How about you, if you don't mind me asking...what are your weight loss goals? Do you have an "all time" weight that you've always wanted to be?

You'll have to excuse me for all the slang...I type the way I talk.

Talk to ya in a bit,
    Naj
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey as well. My destination is feel good about myself land. I'm just glad this site has a bus large enough to transport all of us.

PS
    Thanks for sharing the driving duties
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey Sisters...
    Najah has been an inspiration to me for the last 9 years. We have both struggled with our weight between work and kids and men!!! hehehe

I'm telling you, I went with her to a spinning class and I thought I was going to pass out and she looked like she could go for hours!

Anyway, thanks Naj. You're like a sister to me and I know we will both reach our goals! Lord knows we've been trying long enough!!!

Angela
  • RAELENE67
    Options
    Hi Naj! Thank you for your good luck wishes and we wish you the best of luck right back!!! I think this site is awesome and I feel alot of great support here...and that is very important to have when trying to reach your weightloss goals :) Have a great Thursday!

Raelene
    Regina's sis :)
  • RAELENE67
    Options
    Angela, I wish you well in your weight loss goals too! Its awesome to know you have Naj for your friend and support, thats super. :0) Keep up the good work and know that you can do it!!
    Thx for your nice note and both of you keep in touch and let me and sis know how your doing!!!
    God bless you both!
    Raelene
    Regina's sis :)
  • redalee
    Options
    Hi, everyone on this site is saying the first week or so is just a loss of water weight and to expect it to slow down. :(
    so with that comment lol a typical day of eating for me would be
    1/2 cup juice
    1 poached egg, or light cream cheese or other protein source (small amount)
    1/2 English muffin or slice of toast
    1/4 cup skimmed milk or low-fat soya milk (for my coffee)
    2 cups coffee

Lunch
    3 - 4 oz. fish or chicken or turkey breast (palm-sized I guess lol)
    green salad with any veggies I like on it
    1 T. light Italian dressing, once in a while I splurge and add another T.
    1 slice bread
    skim milk, or bubbly water with a lime twist

Dinner
    3 to 4 oz. steak, pork w/o fat, or other protein (grilled or using vegetable spray)
    1/2 cup each of beets, cabbage, broccoli whatever - ends up to two veggies with 1/2 cup
    small salad
    1 oz. roll
    4 oz. red wine (sometimes)

I also drink green tea every day.

Snacks - low fat puddings or yogurts of 100 calories or less, diet jello, apple, or 1 cup portion of fruit,
    pretzels, flavoured rice cakes ( I usually have 3 snacks a day but if I get really hungry I throw in another apple.

I always tend to go over my protein a bit every day according to this site and under a bit for my fat.
  • RAELENE67
    Options
    wow thx for the info RED!!! Im really not eating much different then you are, and I just started really downing the water and have noticed a difference in my waist already and it has only been 4 or 5 days since we started this diet...actually I like to call it a new way of life, not a diet :) I know Im losing water right now but hey atleast im losing!! lol I cant wait to really start shedding and getting those compliments though. :)
    My sis and I went on a 2 hour walk through downtown Eugene on Wednesday and it was such a blast!! Talkin and laughing and reminiscing... I advise walking with a partner to everyone!! You dont even ealize you have walked so much by the time you get home...then all of a sudden you notice your legs are numb. lol Walking is a great alternative for those who hate to exercise but like taking walks...thats us, and were gonna do it more often!
    Im so happy to know I can have a glass of wine...do you know the cals on red wine?? I would LOVE to be able to have a half a glass with my dinner...thats the one thing I crave so BADLY at night since I stopped drinking that.
    Regina is drinking the green tea everyday, time for me to get back on it too! I do however have the oriental diet tea called Wu Long, and I am going to begin using that today. It is a slimming tea that burns 157% more fat then green tea (so it says) blocks the fattening affects of carbs,clears up your skin, reverses the signs of aging, and is supposed to even strengthen your teeth and immune system!
    Of course it cost me $50 for the box and you get 60 tea bags in that box but you dont use the tea like a normal tea, it is to be used only twice a day, once with breakfast and once with lunch.
    Im soon to find out how it works! :)
    P.S>> have you tried the new 40 calorie wheat bread??? Its by FRANZ, and its in a shiney package in the bread isle!! I just bought it yesterday and wow 40 cals!!! I normally eat the bread that is 120 cals per slice! This is gonna help my cal intake too. :)
    Welp, Im off and running... thx for all your info Red...I hope my info helped you too!!! Have a blessed day and have a happy weightloss day!! :o)

Raelene aka Leen
    Gina's sis
  • redalee
    Options
    These are approximates because it depends on alcohol content but generally:
    Dry red - 4 oz. 83
    Dry white - 77
    Rose - 82
    Sparkling 92
    Sweet Red - 100

Port - 170 yikes, Sherry - 140
    I like my dry reds, and you've got to enjoy life! :)
    I live in Canada so it is hard to find brands here that you get there. re bread, and it's a small town of about 4,000 with only one grocery store. They don't have a low cal bread. :(
    (luckily they do have a pretty nice health food store though)

Plus the alcohol costs are crazy here in Canada, so we've started making our own through a wine shop.
    By the way, same to you for the happy weight loss day!
    Red