tracking food

Options
Ive done a poor job of tracking my food but have really been eating a lot healthier prob best ive ever eaten in my whole life ive also been excercising every day this whole last week at least walking a half hour faster pace when i feel ok to do it . can see some results on scale although i started watching my food intake a couple weeks before i joined mfp so my weight loss is maybe a little off since i stated i started at 244 at one time i hit 248 around halloween time way to much candy wow my feet were really hurting, anywayjust wanted to let you know this is the 1st time in my life ive eaten carrotts and broccoli, cauli. all dipped in some dressing of course it used to be chips in dip now its veggies in dressing anyway just an story i wanted to tell any response would be appreciated either good or neg thanks steve

Replies

• angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is what it is all about; making healthier choices on your own. Way to go!
  • snobuny032
    Options
    Its a life style change not a diet and those little steps can make a big difference.. Keep making those changes and you will keep feeling better every day.. I suggest you start tracking your food.. It really helps me to stay motivated (: oh and dont forget to drink plenty of water!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    good work steve. remember the african saying. how do you eat an elephant ? one bite at a time. by going slowly and consistantly great strides will be made. Try to regularly track your calories. (my hardest thing) then own it. Increase your exercise daily it all adds up. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!:drinker:
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    like someone esle said this is a lifestyle not a diet. diets dont work because we do them then go back to our old habits, develop eating habits that you can do the rest of your life. every day doesnt have to be grand, we are only human, i still eat things i love, just in modernation and less often. i actually like healthy home cooked foods, just was too lazy to fix em, cause of all the food i was eating was keeping me sluggish
  • thestacy
    Options
    tracking is awesome! uhm, track for water too.