Cardio with a bum knee?

Options
So I finally had started to follow a routine to work out. Did awesome for two weeks. I went on vacation- bam hurt my knee. I think it might be my meniscus. I'm feeling terrible and down about it because I really can't do my workouts.
Any ideas for home workouts without having to strain my knee? I'm seriously discouraged and don't want to stop completely.
My boyfriend says just to do sit ups and leg lifts - I'm also skeptical about this though. I've been told by soo many people that just that won't help burn fat. Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Sit ups are pointless.

Go see a dr - preferably an orthopedic dr so you know exactly what you did to your knee
  • jennyylee
    jennyylee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was planning on trying to get into my dr tomorrow for it. I don't want to make it worse than it is.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I dont know what type of trouble you're having but I do eliptical or bike workouts but if your knees are really bad then do battle ropes, sledgehammer or the pro2 bike that does not involve your knees that much.]

see more options @ http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-while-injured.htm
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I dont know what type of trouble you're having but I do eliptical or bike workouts but if your knees are really bad then do battle ropes, sledgehammer or the pro2 bike that does not involve your knees that much.]

see more options @ http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-while-injured.htm

She said home workouts.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I would say focus on eating at a deficit and give yourself a few days to rest. If ice, elevation, rest, and ibuprofen don't help your knee feel better in a few days, see a doctor. As down as you are about not being able to exercise now, imagine how frustrating it would be to do more serious damage to your knee and not be able to do anything for weeks or months. That said, you could still do some upper body strength training with weights (if you have them) or even household objects like a gallon of water or some heavy cans.

I hope you're feeling better soon!