Weekly calories vs. daily calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing! I didn't eat much the last few days and I'm starving today, I was looking at my totals for the week to see how much more I can eat tonight. Lol

Most likely you are starving today because you didn't eat enough the last few days. Your body doesn't always respond to your intake overnight, often it's a delayed effect. A fast/binge cycle is not healthy. Even the 5:2 type diets instruct you not to eat in excess on the "5" days.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm not looking to fast or binge, just trying to get a little rhythm ;). Thanks
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    In my experience, there's nothing wrong with looking at calories as a week-long thing. But I have a couple caveats.

(1) Do you like consistent, predictable loss? In my personal experience, having level intake is the best way to have steady, (more-or-less) predictable loss. Though the rate of loss is about the same if you do calories more by the week than by the day, I find that the loss is much more erratic and jumps around more. Nothing wrong with this at all, it just can lead to weird unpredictability on the scale

(2) I personally have a few trigger foods and tendencies to binge once I get going on a higher calorie day. If you find this is the case for you, too, then I recommend a pattern like this. 5 days of the week, eat at TDEE-20%. Two days of the week, eat at TDEE (and not above TDEE). This averages out to approximately TDEE-15%. For me, this ensures I never feel "starved" (and therefore binge at night or on my bigger calorie days). But my body doesn't get tripped up by huge calorie days that are more than my digestion and endocrine system can handle.
  • TruckerWife922
    Options
    Weekly calorie budget is the WW points concept. It works great for them and I have lost 23lbs in 2 months using a weekly budget. I get to eat ALL the foods I love, just watch the portion size of course and how often. In my opinion, most women will experience days of more hunger than other days. I am twice as hungry three days a month than normal :noway: and trying to keep in a daily allowance is impossible.

I think you should try it for a while, if it works for you then stick with it. Everyone is different. Good Luck!