I think i quit..

mccorml
mccorml Posts: 622 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I mean insanity people im not giving up entirely i may cut it down to 3 days a week its way to insane for my joints yes my endurance is getting better but my ankle is jacked up any suggestions should i just scrap it and do p90x tell im in better shape or maybe a hybrid idk some suggestions please

Replies

• SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Do you have access to an elliptical machine? Using that several times a week (like two or three) totally gets my ankles, knees and hips to cooperate with me for the other exercises and outdoor running I have started doing. Maybe cut back on Insanity and then try rehabilitative workouts the other days :)
  • Do whatever you Can do...there's no point in hurting yourself just to hit a goal on an exercise program. Work hard, but within your limitations. Good luck!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I did a 60-day round last January and February, and I won't do another full round again. It's just WAY too much stress on my left knee. I throw one of the workouts in here and there, and I think it would make a good hybrid with P90X or ChaLean Extreme which would cut down on the impact of the jumps 6 days/week.

You might consider doing P90X, but using the Insanity workouts on KenpoX and PlyoX days. That way you're still getting butt kicking cardio on those 2 days/week, and cardio that is harder than the P90X cardio, but giving your joints a bit of a break.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    I mean insanity people im not giving up entirely i may cut it down to 3 days a week its way to insane for my joints yes my endurance is getting better but my ankle is jacked up any suggestions should i just scrap it and do p90x tell im in better shape or maybe a hybrid idk some suggestions please

I hear you! My ankle is swollen and killing me, and has been this way for a week. I was just about 1.5 weeks into month 2, so was really getting into the home stretch, but have had to totally put it on hold as I can barely walk now! I would try a hybrid like someone else suggested, using p90x and doing the insanity cardio 2-3 days a week. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.